Whats wrong with me?

getting_on_ok

Its been a 2 months today, and I woke up feeling horrible. Asking my self if she has other guys that she is seeing. Is she really with someone else? How could she have no feelings? Why did she treat me like this? Why did she have to stare at other men right in front of me when she knew it hurt me? Was I not attaractive enough, am I boring? What's a matter with me?

I think what makes people good or bad girlfriends/boyfriends or even good or bad people is just where there priorities are in life. If they place themselves so high above everyone else, including you, it makes them really oblivious of your feelings and time spent with them seems littered with lots of little suggestions that she doesn't really appreciate you and is insensitive to your feelings and the effort you put in. They may not do any of that maliciously and when you bring it up with them they might just say you misunderstand them or are just picking holes, but make no mistake, these are the people that you must avoid getting into relationships with at ALL costs.

It's also these people who won't come back because their own pride and inability to accept they've done anything wrong never fades and will push them from relationship to relationship - so really, don't expect her to come back, particularly after 2 months. We are so low on their list of priorities that it really doesn't take much for us to fall off it completely, they will quickly go about finding a new stress ball to please number 1, and don't envy him, he's in for the same treatment.

I'm in the same boat as you, I have to learn to identify these people right from the outset. Don't waste a single moment of your time with them, the better you treat them the more depressed being with them will make you, they are the ultimate soul-suckers.

You bring up a good point, because everyone would say how good of a person she was. But they didnt date her. And she would just stare at other men with no consideration of my feelings. She was emotinally cheating on me. I would break up with her and then come right back. Then finally she hit me with it and she broke up with me. I heard that she wanted to contact me and she really loved me. But I guess the guy that she confines in told her not to contact me. I told my mom 2 weeks into the relationship that she wasnt the one because she was doing these things to me. I should of went with my gut.

I'm sure all of my ex's teeny friends think she is an angel but she always came accross badly with anyone who I respected, and as you say, none of them ever dated her. I would constantly have to rely on friends and family to get over the pain she would cause me without even realising or feeling she had done anything wrong, but at the same time defend her because even as I was explaining what happened it became more and more obvious she was not fit for a relationship and I looked more and more pathetic staying with her.

You definitely have to go with your gut, we mustn't try to cling on and defend things that deep down we know are rotten.

Its not about you, its about her. People own their own actions and frankly there is nothing we can do to control what they do. Focus on you, and move forward. Don't worry about what she is doing, it doesn't matter.

Im going through the same thing, and I have him telling me I failed at the relationship. Ive been beating myself up for weeks and finally realized something key... IT TAKES TWO.

So be confident and be strong...never show weakness in your thoughts and in your actions.

Archived