Going to the movie alone, feeling lonely

So right now I am in the theater going to watch Harry potter by myself. It's been out for three weeks and somehow the tickets are sold out.

Anyway my point is, I am looking at all these people with friends to go with and I just realized something.

I need some new friends

out of all the people I know no one wants to go with me. Somehow whenever people ask me to do something I always say yes. But whenever I want to do something random no one would go with me.

What's wrong with me???

I think I need some new friends

Well thanks for replying. Maybe I do get to enjoy this movie afterall

But I think my worry/panaonia is that the rest of life will be like this

me always there for people and no one there for me

That seems to be the way my life has gone, unfortunately. I am the one people count on and people come to for help but the minute I need them they don't have time.

I know exactly how you feel. I have been doing everything alone and I am even going to a concert alone next month. It really sucks and it's lonely but ive realized that I can only depend on me. You could always check link removed ive heard good things about it, and it's a great way to meet new people with common interests.

hey there, well if it makes you feel better, im having lunch alone right now, no friends around, i also think i need new friends but its still ok to enjoy your own company, dont worry, watch the movie and have fun. Its harder done than said but if you can pretend you dont care others will think that way too and soon you might even believe it

I never went to the movies alone until I moved to nyc. I was too self-conscious. But it's very common in the city to go to the movies by yourself, so then it didn't seem like a big deal at all. And I found out I loved it! There is something so liberating about being able to have my own individual experience. I also like that feeling of not being beholden to someone else's agenda, wants, needs, etc.

If you look at it positively it will be a positive experience.

But you are right to say you need new friends if you are not feeling good about your current relationships. There's lots of things you can do- explore what your hobbies and passions are and meeting people usually follows.

I go out and do things by myself a lot. I've even gone to see movies by myself (mostly movies that my friends have NO interest in seeing at all).

I eat out by myself too.

I've learned that a lot of times if I want to do something, I am going to have to be PROACTIVE and do it myself rather than wait for others to do it with me, because I could be waiting till "hell freezes over" before that happens.

Archived