Girls wear tight pants for what reasons? In your opinion?

Sorry buddy, but it seems like everywhere I go, that's the only pants I can find! Unfortunately, with the new 'Brittany Spears/Christina Aguilera' generation, the trends are 'low-cut,' 'tight,' and butt ripped jeans! Yes, that's how it goes. At least, in Southern Cali it is! We have no choice, but to buy those darn annoying jeans! Those butt hugging jeans! And, what's worse is, when you wash it, the material shrinks. So, the jeans get even tighter! What a waste of money! I kinda like how they came with the new 'faded,' sandblasted-look though.

Plus, I don't want to buy jeans from stores like...I don't know...like one of those ol'phart stores. J/K! I'm serious. I'm not into the 'Chicos' look. (If you know what I'm talking about). I've seen some commercials for it, and tell myself, "Um..Okay, I will NOT shop there!" Even when I shop at EXPRESS, the jeans are butt huggers! I especially hate it, because, well I LOVE EXPRESS!!!! Don't get this wrong, but I LOVE jeans from express, but hate it because, not only are they tight and wrap around your hips, but they ALWAYS seem to slip, and NEVER want to stay in place! So, a lot of the times, when I'm walking, I always have to pull them up, and people would be like "Is this chick giving herself a wedgy or something?"[/i]

It's annoying! Why can't they design jeans that can actually stay up? And, and, I don't want to be rude, but some of those jeans don't always flatter certain women as well. I feel bad, because sometimes when I'm walking in public and notice what you notice, I see that those jeans just magnify women's love handles. And worst of all, they're sooo low, that it exposes they're underwears like crazy! Not too appealing. And, I don't understand how girls can wear those jeans, and not feel embarrassed about allowing their V-Strings to hang out! I'm pretty sure that they know that it's stick'n out like crazy. Wouldn't they feel the breeze through their butt crack? Just my thought. I know, it might sound a little overdramatized, but trust me, if you live where I live, you would know what I'm talking about!

But please fashion designers! Please! Can we just get over with the 'trashy look,' and aim for more of a 'nice' girl-style. You know, like those regular bell-bottoms. Nice and simple. So that ladies don't have to keep on pulling their pants up? Come on now! thereforeeee, I will NOT give up shopping at EXPRESS! Customer loyalty here! They make the best jeans for me! At least, so far! I have yet to find better jeans. Good question though aznboy88!

I asked this question to myself and to some of my female friends sometime time ago.

When I was young I thought that girls dressed tight pants just to tease every boy. And girls would say: "No, I just like to wear tight clothes, I feel good with them"...

Nowadays, I don't think they have any special reason for dressing like that. Every girl uses tight pants and baggy clothes are beginning to make people look fat. Girls need to feel gorgeous, but it probably depends on the age.

But hey, though I agree that tight pants make a girl much more desirable, I would like to ask the girls to look less ordinary. We (the guys) already think too much about sex, we don't need every girl trying to tease us... gee, give us a break.

hey

i can see your point mahlina that there is limited things which you can buy, but for some it is just to make themselves feel better and its the clothes which gives them a confidence boost which they may need.

i personally dont like wearing tight jeans, it makes me feel really self consious and i feel that every body is looking, i prefer to wear baggy more comfy jeans and trouser.

couldnt the same thing be said about girls and mini skirts or guys and the way they wear their jeans, from where i live, i always see guys with their jeans half way to their ankels.

i think it is just the way fashion is changing due to the media and fame. new clothes are designed to what famous people are wear becuase they think that is what everyone wants to wear but because everything is being mass produced we have to buy what is on offer and we have no choice!.

~LJ =;

just_smile

i always see guys with their jeans half way to their ankels.
*smiles at Just_Smiles comment* LOL! Soooo True! Just_Smile made a really good point there! It's even more disgusting when you can see their boxers, or sometimes, butt cracks hanging out! I'm not sure why the fashion trend calls for the "mooning" effect, but, it just does not look right, ya know? Not too appealing. And, what's even worse is when some guys sag it sooo low, like when they're walking in public, that they have to pull it up, so that it makes them looks like they're grabbing on their nads! If you live where I live, then you'd prolly know what I'm talk'n about!

I know about finding those 'nice' fitting jeans. Everytime I try to find a perfect fit, something's wrong. I drop down to the smaller size, and then my waist fits it, and then it's too tight on my thighs. On the other hand, when I go up one size, it either fits my thighs right, but too loose around my waist. So, I usually have to fork out my money, and just accept the fact that, they "DON'T MAKE JEANS LIKE THEY USED TOO!" Yeah, and, I'm pretty shy about it too! I just can't find the looser jeans, with bell-bottom flares, like how they used to make it back in the day! I.E.- Mudd jeans, that actually, fit around your waist area, around the belly-button region, without making the butt area too tight, and overly exposing its curvature!

Perhaps, PERHAPS, this is my conspiracy theory: Perhaps, the leaders, or decision makers of the fashion industry, intentionally sell these types of jeans on the market, to inadvertantly, make women feel embarrassed, as if their jeans don't fit them right, when their actual proportionate size is correct, but the cut is too tight. Thereby, making them feel as though their sizes have changed, when in fact, it actually hasn't! Perhaps, indirectly, there's a marketing ploy behind it!

1. Make the jeans tighter.

2. Make the women feel at 'odd' about themselves.

3. Increase enrollment sign-ups at the local, Big Name-Gym.

(I.E.- 24 hr. Fitness, Bally, Gold's Gym, & L.A. Fitness).

Ahhh Huh! That's right! Perhaps that's just the case! [-( Yeah! Because one thing's for sure, though I don't have a choice, when I put on my jeans, I just don't feel comfortable wearing it, and getting the wrong attention. I don't like getting cheap looks from men, especially, the older ones. Yikes! First of all:

1. I DO NOT like that attention.

2. I DO NOT, want to give off the wrong impression (IE- Teasing, because I myself, am NOT like that). But, at the same time, I guess I'll just be glad that those jeans actually make me feel good about myself. Although, I always run into the constant paranoia of giving off the wrong impression, when I don't mean to. I just don't like that subordinated, cheapening effect, but at least, it makes me feel like a ROCK STAR! Haha! J/K!

AznBoi88, I hope that our comments have helped you to understand the opposite sex better, in terms of dress style, and our views on it.

I don't think that we intentionally want to give off the 'look at mah booty,' "impression." Although, some girls are just EXTRA raunchy about that kind of stuff! So they don't mind exposing certain parts of their bodies (IE-butt, cleavage, like I mentioned earlier, V-Strings), even in front of older men! That's sick! In that case: Then yes, they tease men, by consistanly giving off that kind of attention! Otherwise, the other women can't help it but to purchase these jeans, because they are just flooded on the market! That's why I still wear my jeans from 10th grade. I'm so glad that they're still fitting just right! I just put it in the washer, and hope that it won't rip! Haha!

So, AznBoi88, why do some guys wear jeans halfway down to their ankels? Just out of curiosity that's all. Why do they do that? Oh, and, Why do some of them wear wife beaters in public? IE- Tight, Tank-Tops. Always been curious about that too!

Thanks for Giving Me Something to Think About!

O Mahlina

I disagree with just_smile, because i think that designers dont think about anyone over 5'6''. i am 5'9'' and for me finding a pair of jeans that is long enough is impossible. the only kind of jeans i can buy is selected silver jeans that come in 37 length. and let me tell you, silver jeans do not easily fit into my budget. i usually end up buying cute pants and heming them up as capris

but i agree with you in the fact that designers should deffinitly think about all the different body typs out there. Cause not everyone fits into the average body type.

GirlGreen, I know, isn't it sooo frustrating? BTW, I think that it's clever that you hem your pants into capris! I dig capris! I think they are so adorable, especially for those who wear it, who have long legs, or petite legs in general. I think that it's refined, sophisticated, and enhances our natural beauty without gaining that 'cheapening effect' that those 'butt-hugging' jeans give us! Yes! Again, fashion statement here: Not to be rude or anything, but for other women, it makes their legs look too stubby! Gosh! Designers, we need designers who will design complimentary patterns! Please! We need to be sensitive to other people's statures here! This topic rings a bell! It reminds me of the Sir-Mix-A-Lot's, "Baby got Back!" Haha!

I'm still waiting on my wife-beater/ankle-high jeans question.... ! AznBoi88? Anyone?

on mahlina's question

Gee... boys where you live are SO weird. Kidding

Fortunately, where I live, men don't wear wife beaters in public. Unless you're at the beach... or working at the sun on a really hot day... or pretending to be Stalone or Willis. But if you talk about tight t-shirts, well, I will have to admit that they like to show off their flat stomach and their stuffed chest... and yes, just to *try* to tease every girl...

Now, onto jeans halfway down to the ankels. Fortunately (again) men also don't use that kind of jeans around here... but we're seeing a lot of jeans stuck up in their butt cracks too. And that is just starting to look weird on some guys... I don't know. Maybe it's something almost everyone wears and people are just too ordinary to keep away from following models...

...though I really find it hard to believe that you girls can't find decent jeans where you live. I'm joking... besides... I'm the one who lives in Portugal... kidding (again)

OMG Puma! That's sooo funny!

Men wearing jeans up tight up their butt cracks? Hahahahah! I swear, the men in my place don't wear their pants like that! At least, I'm glad to see them not wear it sooo tight like that! Ouch! Talk about wedgy! Nothing wrong with looking GQ right? That's awsome that you can show off your belly (abs) while you're young. Flaunt it while you can! Not many men can flaunt what they have, and actually feel proud of it! But, that's cool that you take comfort in doing so!

I'm still cracking up about your comment on men's dress style in Portugal. No, but seriously, if you lived in a 'certain' part of Southern California, you would know what I'm talking about. Can you believe it? This one chick wore a mini-skirt to class, she hasn't been doing her homework lately, and she went up to one of our Professors, and pretends to bend over and pick up her binder, and says, "Dr. ____, can we discuss about me not turning in my work lately? I need the extra points. I know, I'm sorry, but I just had to work a lot lately..."

OMG! Talk about scandelous. Wow! What a skank. But yeah, some chicks in my area, really don't mind exposing 'skin.' In fact, that's why our shopping centers are flooded with hootchy fashion. Because, with the generation of 'teenie-bop-stars,' a lot of the girls tend to want to emulate Britany or Christina. So, "Supply and Demand." The economists figure that it's just the way to EXPLOIT public image. Nothing wrong with looking like those chicks, but to me, that's not the attention I look for. Too bad...I love Hillary Duff BTW! She's sooo 'refreshing,' clean, and innocent! Why doesn't Hollywood make her the 'fashion' icon. She's sooo dear, and so cherished by her admired fans! I guess: sex, money, and ___s do sell. It's called: "Short-term glut on the 'manifestation' of our society, imposed on the Young, Teenage-Image." Unfortunately, we have become the victims of what our society throws at us, in the local malls. But hey, that's why I want to learn how to sew/desgin my own clothes, as a side hobby. No complaints there. For all those who have the dooky booty and want to flaunt it: I guess, enjoy it while it lasts, before, your metabolism slows down! Hehe! Nothing wrong with being young and having fun! Just don't do things that you'll regret. And remember to keep moral standards! Enjoy Everyone!

ThanKs Puma!

Mahlina

P.S.- Excellent response! I enjoyed your story/comments by the way! It just gives me a sense of how the world is so different in so many ways!!! Yet, we can still be connected, and share each others' opinions, cross-culturally, that is...!

Hey Mahlina. Well I'm a guy and I usually don't wear jeans dropped to my ankles except lol my favourite one. That's only coz my dad actually bought it for me (it was pretty expensive) and you kno how guys have no idea how to buy clothes for someone else... Anyway it ended up a slight bit too big but it still hangs loosely around the waist and that's the only reason why, if at any time, my boxers would be revealed. But apart from that, the jeans go naturally down to the ankles anyway.

I got what you mean though, I reckon it's more a 13-15 age group thing but because well over here anyway, you don't really see that stuff happenin too much anymore.

Heb

So, AznBoi88, why do some guys wear jeans halfway down to their ankels? Just out of curiosity that's all. Why do they do that? Oh, and, Why do some of them wear wife beaters in public? IE- Tight, Tank-Tops. Always been curious about that too!

LOL.. WHOA FIRST off I gotta say THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLY! You guys sure made my day =P

Anyways well.. Mahlina haha well.. It really depends what kinda guy is wearin the baggy pants.. Okay well in High School, some guys wear it to fit in a certain groups.. some wear it to make themselve look like the those wannabes pimps that acts all ghetto.. and some wear it because its comfortable then wearin some jeans that when you sit down it expose 3 inch of your socks.. lol guys wear those wife beaters, most likely to impress girls showin those muscles.. If they're skinny then and wearin those tight tank top, most likely they're tryin to be someone they're not

Hi Happy_Go_Lucky_Heb! 8)

I think that's cool that you realize that! You're probably one of those 'nice' guys who were just stuck with a pair of pants, that you untinentially, did not want to give off the wrong impression with. No, but really, if you lived where I lived, you would know. Plus, I don't get it, because they also have a tendency to strap on one them big ol' puffy jackets, when it's 80 deprees outside! Also, for some reason, the trend is more towards yellow. So, when I look at them, not only is the weather really hot, but their jackets make me dizzy. I just want to fall over and faint! Haha! Thanks for sharing your story though! You're cool!

AznBoy88! Haha!

That's soooo true where you mentioned about skinny guys and wife-beaters! OMG! My worst experience, was when I hung out with this guy, and for some stupid reason, he decides to change his shirt in my car. For what? I mean, it was sooo sick, because, I saw his nipples! And boy! He did not have any Pectorals to show off. No mucles. No biceps! Just a wanabe, like you said. Haha! What made it even more gross was, he tried to act all cutesy cutesy when he changed. I just wanted to barf, and ask him to change, "OUTSIDE" of my car. Then, after he put on his 'wife-beater,' his nipples kept on showing! Eeeeew! It look liked "Hershey's Kisses," you know the little cone shaped candy-chunks! Haha!

I was going to ask him: "Did you want a mini, cone-bra for that Mister?" Eeeww!!!! So, AsnBoy88, YOU ARE COMPLETELY RIGHT! I don't mind wife beaters, as long as the guy's just being himself, and NOT trying to 'impress,' by putting on a 'show,' then I am FINE with that! Besides, I really did NOT want to look over. It was a pretty...a pretty weird situation!

Hey, Thanks Guys for your Responses! Nice topic AznBoy88! I really had fun reading all of your perspectives on this issue! I've been pondering about this for a while...So, thanks for your provoking question! I really enjoyed seeing what y'all had to say! You go GALS & GUYS! YOU GUYS ROCK WITH YOUR RESPONSES! =D> Yeah!

aznboy88 That's right! Those big puffy yellow-jackets! Oh, I no! I hope that they won't start wearing those big dollar sign, gold-chains! Hahahah! And for the girls, it's sick, because they actually like walking around with their thongs sticking out. Just the other night, I went out to dinner with my parents, and these girls' thongs were hanging out. It was a group of them too! I thought that was DISRESPECTFUL. I mean, what kind of young ladies are we breeding here?

Mahlina , how can you criticize the big gold dollar sign chains!..I was planning on getting me one and a big puffy jackets I was gonna be like Jamie Kennedy in Malibu's Most Wanted if you've seen that movie.if not you should it was funny.

No I'm j/k about what I've posted up there I agree I've seen guys with pants about to fall off, and girls with thongs hanging out and I think to myself no one wants to see that!! All I can say is a quote from Adam Sandler in the Wedding Singer are living in a material world and I am a material girl..or boy that is".

yeah all ther is out there are tight pants. i mean what would you rather have a good lookin gurl with tight oants so u can see it or a good lookin gurl with ugly baggy pants so u can't check her out

Okay, Well you got a good point here. Hmm But since She my girl, and I would like her for who she is. But sometimes tight pants can attract other guys to her, and will try to flirt with her. Which will cause a little jealousy here and there, and I know I can trust her since she with me. But wouldn't wearin something like sweats, long skirts, etc be better? Kinda like how would you feel if your bf, have this nice body and always be wearing those tank top or those muscle shirt then alot of girls be checkin him out and try to holla. Wouldn't you like him to just be wear a regular t-shirt or something that says back OFF HE MINES.

• 2 weeks later...

An objective view although slim or slender women wearing super tight jeans are incredibly sexy...

1.Girls wear it for the attention.

2.Girls wear it to tease because it is a form of graphic communication.

3.Girls are turned on by the feel of wearing tight jeans on their bodies.

4.Girls like how they look in tight jeans and flaunt what they have.

5.Girls know any guy with a heartbeat loves seeing femmes in tight jeans.

6.Girls feel more sexy or sexual dressed in tight jeans.

7.Girls are more conscious of gaining weight and the jeans are a gage.

8.Girls wear tight jeans to get guys.

9.Girls wear tight jeans because it is fashionable.

10.Girls know tight jeans are casual but also sexy at the same time.