recontact and then getting treated badly

Ok I did the no contact thing for 6 months..came back and started to reconnect. Of course she's dating another guy but she wanted to get together with me. We have had dinner together once. She says she wants to get together for dinner again but now everytime we talk about a time and date..there's an excuse. Last time I sorta lost my temper and told her to forget it. She said 'no no we'll get together'. I said then it's up to you because my schedule is free when you're ready let me know. Then I hung up. Felt bad about it and called back in an hour and apologized in voicemail for giving attitude to her and said "look when someone says lets get together, it typically doesn't take three-four weeks to make it happen. If you wanna talk, just call me".

So far no call back. I wanna clear this up? Should I call her again and straighten this out or no? I just feel like I need to tell her that I understand where she's at. Tell her that it's friends first as it always was. I also wanna tell her that the reason I was mad at her many moons ago was that she didn't have the guts to come and talk to me so I could tell her that I could be her friend but needed some time apart. Maybe I'm being stupid but..there there should be a time to clear up our miscommunication. Either that or continue to play the cat and mouse game.

I agree with you totally. I also act on emotions and thats why I pushed my ex too far away. She just couldnt understand how i can act that way. She called it irrational.

I wish I could send that piece of advice to her, but, it would just piss her off.

Thanks!

I know that those who don't act on their emotions can't figure out why it's so hard for those of us who do act on our emotions not to be that way. To them, it seems so easy to separate the two.

Wouldn't you know it..I post on here and within an hour she calls me. I wasn't here but she said to call her back and talk. I"m going to call her back..but I'm not sure what to say. I think we are at a point where we need to improve our communication..mostly the part about her being afraid. Still feel very unstable and not sure what to do or say?