Guys! do you 'joke' about this stuff with your gf?

alls

Hi,

this would be more of a question for the guys but girls are more than welcomed to answer!

My bf and i have planned a holiday at the end of the year. We were in the travel centre and he just randomly jokes/says 'honeymoon?" and then he goes "oh i almost forgot" and put his hand in his pocket and started to go down on one knee.

Do guys usually joke about that stuff?! lol. i always was under the impression its sort of 'forbidden' unless you want to scare the guy off. but the guy is doing it! Im not bothered by it, but just curious to see if other guys joke about it too.

We have been dating for about 3/4 months offically.

when i told a friend we were going away on a holiday, she screamed out 'omg he's going to propose!'. and then when i told someone else, she grabbed my hand and said 'im looking for the ring'....

Well Jim did on (American) The Office, and I thought it was funny. I don't think guys normally joke about it though. I probably wouldn't, but not really anything to worry about I think. I would guess, as your friend already pointed out, he is probably going to propose on the trip.

After only 3-4 months I gotta say I'd be a little surprised if I my man popped the question. Personally I'd be expecting a proposal AFTER we've seen if we can stand a week alone together!

Men do joke about it though in fact if he's comfortable joking about it and talking about it then that's a good sign, means he's not so freaked out by the idea of marrying you that he can't even crack a smile about it.

After only 3-4 months I gotta say I'd be a little surprised if I my man popped the question. Personally I'd be expecting a proposal AFTER we've seen if we can stand a week alone together!

Men do joke about it though in fact if he's comfortable joking about it and talking about it then that's a good sign, means he's not so freaked out by the idea of marrying you that he can't even crack a smile about it.

oh yeah, i dont think he will now, but people are saying he will when we go away in 5 months.

Haha, i didn't think of it that way... probably is good that the idea doesn't 'freak' him out! he talks a bit about kids, what names he likes, and kids in general.... all of his friends are married and or have kids.

Sounds like he's pretty comfortable with the idea of settling down then especially since all his friends are doing so, the chances are he's looking at their lives and thinking 'well, that looks nice'.

Just be sure you actually want to say yes nothing to hint you don't in your post, but personally I'd be gobsmacked if my boyfriend thought he knew me well enough after just 5 months to know he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me!

But then sometimes, when you know, you know

Sounds like he's pretty comfortable with the idea of settling down then especially since all his friends are doing so, the chances are he's looking at their lives and thinking 'well, that looks nice'.

Just be sure you actually want to say yes nothing to hint you don't in your post, but personally I'd be gobsmacked if my boyfriend thought he knew me well enough after just 5 months to know he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me!

But then sometimes, when you know, you know

Maybe he is. I dont think he is going to, but friends are saying he will. but they are going by what i tell them. We haven't even got to the 'i love you's yet! lol. - although a month ago he wrote that i love him on my arm. he does keep asking me how i feel about him.

by the time we go away, we'd been together for 9 months. it will be a test. 6 weeks with each other! I am getting a house and he has told me little 'day dreams' he has had, abotu him, me and my dog at the new home, and jokes which bedroom is his, and when he even asked if it was a 2 car garage. when i said yes, he goes 'oh good i have somewhere for my car.

He's probably just beginning to toy with the idea and was testing that you aren't totally opposed.

I have to say, your girlfriends sound WAY OTT to me! What's the matter with just enjoying each other's company on a break? If they work it up to that pitch this early, they are going to have you all over-reacting to wahtever does happen, or disappointed and telling yourself he doesn't love you if he doesn't propose! It's very early days, surely??

He sounds lovely, anyway!

Don't read to much in to it. And going on holiday together doesn't mean he'll propose. It's only been 4-5 months, it's WAY too soon to even be thinking it'll happen.

Start thinking about it AFTER you've lived with him for a year or so

na i never said i thought he was going to. haven't even thought about it. friends are jumping too far a head coz everything is going so well....

My boyfriend jokes about it too, he says that our surnames have to be *mysurname*-*hissurname* so that his can be the real last name I tell him that's not going to happen and that I'll just call him Mrs *mylastname*, so he sometimes calls me Mrs *hislastname* to return it. I know in all seriousness we have no plans of getting engaged even for a few years yet as we're both not in the right living conditions for marriage (too young, in different countries, students, not enough money). He shares my view on this. Still, I find it nice that he seems serious about me enough to comfortabley joke about this stuff

I've been with him for eight months + officially and known him for over a year.

Archived