Ugly Ducking Syndrome

Hi guys...Im a 21 year old guy and I guess you could say Im going through an ugly duckling phase

until about sophmore year in high school i was a scrawny kid with glasses, braces and without any sense of style

since then ive got contacts, lost the braces, got a very nice body and certainly have developed some sort of sense of style...i guess at this point i would fit the typical metrosexual stereotype

the problem is i still have absolutely no confidence in myself when it comes to the ladies...and its mostly because ive never had great conversational skills...clearly because of the lack of experience...at school and at clubs i have girls coming up to me...but i freakin shutdown all the time because i have no idea what to say?...when its a face ive seen already it'll be totally different...but when its a cold conversation on the spot i have soooo much trouble its almost funny...and these are girls that i would LOVE to get to know...9's and 10's but I always shutdown and I hate myself because of it...it seems like i drag myself further down with every failure

any help is appreciated

Hey. First up, I'd like to welcome you to enotalone on behalf of everyone. I'm sure u've taken a nice step towards finding support and advice from many people of various ages from around the world which will be around for a while.

I'm glad you look better now. But understand this Christian, looks aren't everything, you basically just have to look ok and you can get a chick in 9's and 10's. I don't look that good and I can still go out with attractive chicks. You just need to understand looks ain't everything and if you can't get these chicks then maybe you need to lower your standards coz not eveygirl ranked 9 and 10 will go out with ANY guy.

Just be happy with yourself first, or how can you be happy about someone else?

Hope it works out for you

Heb

agreed lucky...the problem is that otherwise im a happy person...its just that I have no guidelines to remedy this situation...if there was I would be following that right now...it feels like its just something that is...if that makes any sense