Miscarriage

seralee

Has anybody gone through a miscarriage before? I haven't experience any heavy bleeding. All I have had thus far is some very light bleeding with little pain. It stopped early in the week on Monday, and it has started back up again. I am worried of what type of pain there will be and if I should expect heavier bleeding like a period.

Just wondering what other experiences people have had.

I went to the doctor, and my hCG levels have decreased. She said I was having a sponatenous abortion, i.e. miscarriage. She said to let it happen naturally but didn't really say much more. She asked if I have noticed any tissue, and I have not yet.

I'm very sorry that you are going through this. It's difficult. I've been there before. I lost my first pregnancy before having my son. It was heart breaking for me and my husband.

If it is early enough that you can let it happen naturally, and don't require D&C, then you may never see tissue- but just heavy bleeding with some clotting, like a heavy period.

How far along were you?

I'm very sorry, hugs.

I had a misscarriage just a few days after my period was due, my periods are 6 weeks+ apart. So it was just a really heavy period. I didn't know I was pregnant until the doctor sent me for pregnancy test + blood tests.

The second time I was 8 weeks. A lot worse than my first. the back ache was a lot worse, I did have to take pain killers. =( It's hard.

I'm so sorry for your loss. How far along were you?

I've had 3. Each one was different, but they all took a long time. The first two, I eventually sought medical interventions, but the last one was natural (and the weirdest!)

Feel free to PM me if you want the gory details, I have no problem discussing it, I just don't want to post it publicly

If it is early on, it is really just like a heavy period with a bit of extra cramping, that may last longer than normal too... Take a double dose of Advil (Ibuprofen) to relieve the cramping, and if you feel really bad or like you're getting a fever, contact the doctor.

You should try to relax as much as possible, and a heating pad can sometimes help if the cramps are bad. Walking around also helps.

Archived