Topics of Conversation

So me and my girlfriend are pretty close. We spend the night with each other fairly often which is more than most can ask for considering she is still in highschool (I graduated a few years ago). I am very happy with our relationship.

Well we text every morning and through the afternoon, and talk on the phone for a few hours every night, and it seems we are running out of topics of conversation. We have just talked about most everything there is: our future, our past, dreams, goals, present gossip, etc. We have passed the infactuation period I would say and are more starting to get into the heavy relationship part.

Any ideas on topics or what to do on the phone??

If topics don't come up naturally, there's no need to force the conversation. I mean, think about it: I could tell you a really interesting topic of conversation is whether or not you'd move to the moon if they found a way to make it happen. But how are you going to bring this up? "So, uh, if we could live on the moon, would you do it?" It sounds forced, and therefore it sound unnatural.

It's totally fine to have a conversation that's limited to "How was your day?" At least that's not a forced topic (obviously you'd care about how each others' days went), and at least you had some form of communication.

It's totally fine to have a conversation that's limited to "How was your day?" At least that's not a forced topic (obviously you'd care about how each others' days went), and at least you had some form of communication.

I get this. But sometimes theres just not that much to talk about. Somedays I just wake up, go to work and come home and she's calling me. And it's not like I don't want to talk to her. I really do. Its just there's nothing to talk about.

I get this. But sometimes theres just not that much to talk about. Somedays I just wake up, go to work and come home and she's calling me. And it's not like I don't want to talk to her. I really do. Its just there's nothing to talk about.

But that's fine. You ask how her day was, say something that happened to you during the day, and then say this: "I'm going to let you go right now, but I can give you a call back a little later." Taking a break from conversation opens up a time frame for something new to pop up that you can talk about later.

This happens to me and my boyfriend alllll the time. We'll talk for 30 seconds and have nothing more to say, so we get off the phone and call back later. And 90% of the time, we actually (miraculously) have TONS to say later on in the same evening.

So do as the first poster said and create opportunities. Take her to an art show, or a museum, or some other interesting thing in town.

Sitting on opposite ends of the phone all the time can get very boring, very quickly. However, if you go out and do things, you'll have more to talk about, even if it's just reminiscing..

Finding friends and doing things separately is a good idea as well.

Archived