Wire, Wood and Bone

surfjon

Betrayed by flesh, the inevitable happens.

You start to wander alone...........

Beginning your solo journey,

all you got is wire, wood and bone.

My fingers used to play her skin,

I could hear the sweetest tone,

but thats just aural memories,

now I play wire, wood and bone.

And I've clung to her thru these bad times,

and she's there when I get home,

my Spruce-topped Rosewood beauty,

made of wire, wood and bone.

peace!

saved my life, literally........

July 2007, when my wife of 20 years bailed, it saved me from myself.

I just hit every open mic I could find and now play 4-5 times a week, it gave me something back that I let her take from me, a desire to live.....

Get that guitar, but take it on the journey, buy one to KEEP!!!

That's ONE relationship you can count on.

Surf

Well, I'm on the journey now, and had to leave my guitar cause of some problems involving me missing the right plane, etc... But I miss it so badly. I've watched bands play and I see what they're doing and it just makes me wanna grab a guitar and just play it for hours.

I normally play electric, though, but I found a good deal for an acoustic one (the fact that no amp is required for acoustics is a plus). Watching Neil Young, Sonic Youth, and several other bands just makes me so jealous that they have their instruments and I don't, lol. I simply cannot wait another month and a half to play my guitar... I'm not a good player and have no clue when it comes to music theory, but I was getting pretty good after I got done with finals, cause I'd just noodle around the guitar for hours, and my bandmates were all impressed when I suddenly played a pretty solid solo during one of our songs at practice.

Well, you have a good attitude.....I've played since 12, did the band thing for a while, gave it up to raise a family and build a career but never stopped playing.....didn't sell my gear, hell I still have the first 12 string I bought at 14 years old after saving up

That old Sigma guitar has seen the good and the bad in my life, yeah....I've done a lot of wrong at 43, but it's never judged me as people do. That's nice......

If it has strings I like it, I have a banjo, fiddle, mandolin, built 2 dulcimers.

I do really sad alt-country stuff, guitar and harmonica seems to ease the pain, a stage give a bit of a nervous rush every time, the lights seem to brighten the darkness she handed me, but it was handed to me so I have to hold it........

just play, the universe takes it all in and it makes it all better.....

Jon

A few years ago I finally bought my dream, a Taylor 710 Acoustic with no electronics and put a sweet acoustic pickup on it, bought a Roland Micro-Cube (battery amp) and hit the streets when she left, I play on the sidewalks in my town for tips......

I meet people and have fun and sip some beers and sing lots of sad songs, but it works for me, what I need.....

Thanks. Well, I'm in a band, but it's just for fun, not at all for money. I mean, all my bandmates, either go to school and/or work, so, band is not an occupation, but still a passion. Seriously, one of my bandmates was kinda sad that I had to leave he said "Man, what am I going to do now? I was always looking forward to the next show and now there's no more of that for like 3 months" and it's been kinda hitting me hard how much I miss my friends, my band, and my guitar. I'd be much happier if I had at least one of those, right now... I play a Gibson SG, doesn't really belong to me, I've kinda got it on lease. A friend has let me keep it indefinitely (hey, in my defense, he does owe me a good amount of money that I pulled out of my savings...). We just recently got more professional gear (an actual half-stack and all... sounded so much more awesome than the old amp I used to practice with, which unfortutely burnt out not long before I left, RIP, lol).

I play punk, metal and all that stuff, but I do enjoy many other genres (one of my favorite songs to play is Hey Joe, by Jimi Hendrix). But it was so awesome, last couple of shows we played, everything went perfectly just like in practice, and especially on the last one, everybody was so into it, and people were telling me aftewards that I was shredding, lol. I'm not sure how true that was, but I wasn't gonna complain! Just, after finals (last semester), I was pretty depressed with how many things went sour this year and how quickly time flies by, and I'd just pick up my guitar and noodle around it for hours and It'd just make me feel so much better.