what DESTRESSES you?

Hmmmm... destress... depends on mood and circumstance

work stress as boss stomps his foot (becomes unreasonable)... fume but become real focused on what i'm doin, gettin the job done well and generally loosin patience with my co-workers or those under me...

uni stress, nothing... go out and have fun!

okay they're my main two points of stress... otherwise it borders into either rage/aggression or loneliness/feelin like crap... tainted stress. the former i'd be likely to have a few rounds with my punching bag or practice my forms/rhythmic controlled moves from taekwondo... latter, more tunes, work, see friends, play piano, draw, drink.

the ultimate destresser and selftime... driving late at night... far outside of metro areas, going to places you've never been before and enjoying the freedom of no direction or goal, where you go is up to you... just go...

Working out helps me to relieve stress: either training with weights, running, using a punchbag or sparring with a partner. Punchbags and sparring are great for me because i can focus all of that negative stess into some positive butt kicking punches and moves!

I also find that listening to music, especially Red Hot Chili Peppers, REM, Aerosmith, Feeder and Coldplay helps to relieve stress and also gives me a chance to think about things and realise that most situations are not actually as bad as i think!

Posting on here is great because i can tell people what is bothering me and then with the help of the feedback i get i can begin to solve the problems. Thanks all!

abcd1234

There are so many great ways to destress...here's a few that work for me:

I agree with the candle light bubble bath, music, a glass of wine with my b/f and then cuddling.

Or....spending the day at the beach...my b/f teaching me how to surf, playing in the sun, stopping off for a ice cold beer on the way home and after a shower falling asleep like a baby.

Quiet time listening to music while reading can also be a great destresser.

Having a great workout, jogging, treadmill or some form of cardio....gives you a real "energy" boost.

Woobiegirl

Hmm, well I releave myself of stress through many mentioned ways (most of the time though, I just sit and play some games to releave myself.) The best way I releave stress though is by getting my mixed cd, listen to some relaxing music, and take a walk outside somewere naturally peaceful, while thinking of good times in my life 8) .

i find personally meditation helps me...try to do some everyday clears the mind...and helps me keep calm in situations that would normally stress me out.Exercise is another for me as well... just getting out the house for a walk 4 to 5 times a week does it for me and improves my well being.And also talking helps me out as well..and venting in this sight helps.

Used to be in the accompany of my girlfriend.

But now its some good old rap music- preferably 50 cent or 2pac- and some huge swings at my punching bag. And i mean HUGE, until i am no longer annoyed. They get even bigger when i look at these posters of those annoying retarded boybands up on my roommates wall- that is if i can make out the pictures amongst all those darts pinning on them!

hey

thanks for replying, some great ideas for ways to destress, i told you that i would tell you mine, and ok i have a few normal ones like, reading, walking, listening to music, exercise but i have a really weird one, has any of you ever had prawns with the body still intact, (dead ones of course) it is really relaxing to sit and pull the body and head off, plus at the end you get to eat them which is good.

anyways thanks again for responding

~LJ =;