I have a b/f, is it still ok to have guy friends?

I've been with my boyfriend for a couple of years now.

I also have guy friends and I'm wondering, what exactly are the guy friend "boundaries"? Is it still ok for my guy friends and I to hang out?

I'm confused because a week ago I went out for fast food and to the store with one of my guy friends and my b/f got jealous. My b/f said that he'll eventually "get over it" but this has happened before and he hasn't "gotten over it".

I see my guy friends as only friends and nothing more than that!

I want to work things out correctly with my b/f. Should I try to convince my b/f that it's ok that I have guy friends who I hang out with (watch a movie, go out to eat, go to the store) and he should be able to trust me, etc. or should I distance myself from my guy friends?

Thanks to everyone in advance for your replies!

Explain to your boyfriend that they're just friends, and although you care for them, you're not in love with them and nothing is going to happen between you and your guy friends. Tell him he has no reason to be jealous because you're not interested in them in THAT way, he's the guy you're into! I don't think that you should distance yourself from your guy friends, despite their sex, they're still your friends, and a person would be pretty miserable with a life void of friendships.

I agree with the other members, let your bf know that he's the only one your intrested in and that they are just good friends and nothing more. Relationships will come and go but best friends are forever, where would we be without our friends... i don't even want to think lol.

All the best

neo|seeker

• 2 weeks later...

This is sort of a mixed bag. I can offer a perspective from the opposite point of view, though.

Your situation seems innocent enough if you're just going out with them. Talk to your boyfriend and find out if there's something in particular about it that he's not telling you.

For example, my on-again-off-again girlfriend has a lot of friends, both male and female. But she works a late shift and so do some of them, so they're often at her house in the middle of the night when I'm asleep. On some level, this bothers me, but she assures me they're just friends. Its not that I don't trust her, its that I don't trust one of them. I know one of the guys likes her.

So my point is maybe you should talk to your boyfriend about it. Don't give up your friends for your boyfriend, but he could have some legitimate reason to worry about one of the guys and it could be a major help in your relationship to at least hear him out on it.