I had a long affair with a married woman. We recently decided to end it, take however long it takes apart to divorce, then get back together when we can be open. She says I am the love of her life but she is on an amazing journey of self discovery and she wants to be the best she can be. I agreed. Any comments on the likelihood of this plan working.

Bigcat,

Hey sorry for you problem. I was in the same death spiral for a while. If you ask me, take a walk. Odds are she's not going anywhere and your left hanging high and dry. She's got the best of both worlds security at home with her husband and you throwing attention at her whenever your offered the chance. I can't assume to know your acceptance of that but that was not for me. I give more and I demand more, I won't settle for second place.

My advice, tell her how you feel about her. No begging, no groveling. Then tell her that until she's available to see you and only you there will be no further contact, no meetings, no nothing… Tell her you need to get on with your life and if it can't be with her then so be it.

Ciao.

Here's a few of my past posts, mind you this went on for about a year…

link removed

link removed