Better to have loved and lost than to have never

loved at all. I don't hate my ex who dumped me and am starting to understand more and more why she left. I didn't show her love like she deserved and took her for granted. She decided that i wasn't going to change and i don't blame her. I am not focusing at the negative end but rather all of the special memories over the last 14 years. I proposed to her when she was age 19 and we had a child when she was 20.

I suggest we appreciate the time our ex spent with us. They really don't owe us anything. I have matured so much in the last 6 months and really needed to improve which i have. I wasn't the same guy at the end as I was in the beggining when i was the prize but can see how I can top what I was in the very beggining with the wisdom i have aquired. I also just turned 40 and look as good as I did when we first met. ( two years ago I looked terrible with the extra weight) I remember how my first love felt and need to remember that I will have that feeling again. We all will have that feeling soon after we let go and become the positive people again.

Aww, this thread makes me smile. It's good to know that you are getting over the break up and have matured and learned hard life lessons for it. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I am in that stage also where, yes I do still have a bit of anger/hate of my ex left, but only when he is brought up. Haha. But I do get that small smile of mines here and there everytime I think of the good memories. It used to make me cry thinking over them, thinking I'll never have that special feeling with someone else anymore. But I'm wrong, and will be terribly wrong when I meet another special guy...

Archived