Where does one find the strength?

To get by? To live? To combat their demons? To overcome their problems? To get over someone.. To be happy..

Like any other good story, it involves a guy and a gal. To sum it up friend zone (about 5 years) --> leap of faith --> crash and burn. Then some stuff happens.

I talked to her one night. She said she wanted to still be friends. I told her "I don't think i can be just friends with you anymore, and for both our sakes, goodbye.. (Quiet possibly the coolest ending ever, mild breeze, cherry blossom petals falling, moonlight sky)

I thought with this i had gotten my closure. I had said everything i wanted to say. I thought that was the end i thought the healing could begin.

Roughly a year later

I saw her attached to a guy. Then, in an instant, my resolve, all the work i had done trying to heal, everything, shattered.

"I'm weak" it's what i keep repeating in my head, because its the only thing i can think of. I'm even weaker to keep thinking about it. Where do i get the strength to get over this for good?

Best way to get over it is to live for yourself and your dreams. Sometimes when we focus on our relationships we forget that once upon a time we were somebody. In the process of being in madness we forget what loving ourself was like.

The best way to forget and get over someone is to remember you!

Wow that's a tough one. Some things I really don't think we can ever "get over" we just have to learn to live with or deal with or learn how to handle them. Not that that answers your question. Hmm, I have to think on this one because I've worked through things I never thought I could get over but it came with the help of my mom, medication, and some type of therapy. Maybe you should give therapy a try. There's a reason you're holding onto this person, you have to figure out what that reason is. Remember there's the fantasy and the reality of the situation. The reality is she's moved on without you. The fantasy you held was she'd come running back to you. Sorry it didn't work out that way, but you have to realize she's a real live person with her own thoughts, and feelings. Really I think the best solution for you would be therapy, it does work.

thanks dream i'll take that advice to heart.

i did go to therapy jetta, went after the coolest goodbye ever. it did help tremendously, if this happened to me in the past i'd prolly do something rash. as of now, i'm relatively calm, trying to find out that "reason" i'm holding onto this person. perhaps i should enlist the help of my counselor?

you know what, i think you are very brave. you took the risk, AND you were honest about not being able to be friends.

its a shame there was no furtherance to the relationship....you sound very articulate, emotionally honest and as i said courageous.

i lnow its hard to see someone you love with another, its excruciating even...but reality is..she said no....

one thing i can say is..whoever says yes to you will have eyes to see you...and that s why theyll say yes...they truly see you

this other girl...she could see something to wan be your friend....but she couldnt see you her eyes are tuned into some other station.......she missed out

there is someone coming...i know youre hurtin now...but in the eyes of this new one..the one who sees you....you ll be in heaven

hold out for the best....you got something good going on...believe it

You're not weak; I've never even told a girl I liked them. I take that as a blessing in disguise. I know how hard it sucks having such feelings for someone and they don't feel the same about you; it's painful. As they always say "time heals all wounds". Give it time... go through your emotions, don't suppress anything or put on a facade... if you feel horrible, feel horrible. As Wayne Dyer said (though I'm not much into the self-help thing) "there's a time and place for all emotions".

However, you should also open up your possibilities to other women and let her be happy. I know it's hard, but with all the girls I've felt anything for and they don't/won't like me back, I'm not bitter; I wish for them to be happy, even if it's not with me. You seem like a decent person; I wish you all the best... sorry I couldn't be of more help; I have a horrible relationship between me and womanhood!

PS I love your avi... Anime rules!

Archived