Trying to understand this girl

grymoire

I don't think i was being particular serious (oh well, I didn't make jokes ;-)), and I am not mad at you, why should I be? It just seems that every suggestion as to why this person acts in a particular way does not seem to satisfy you as an answer.

Sometimes there are no mysteries behind someones behavior, they are simply just the way they are. No more or less to it.

So the question that comes to my mind (as I asked before): why do you believe there is something else behind her behavior than simply shyness/ social awkwardness ?

i don't know... you and Hers sounded very serious and annoyed like "geez why doesn't grymoire understand this simple thing?".

i believe that there is something else because i know her for 1.5 yrs now and do not think she is shy or socially awkward. so i was thinking if there could be any other reason.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shy and shy are not always equal. There are people who are just generally shy, no matter in what aspect of their lives and in what situation.

However there are many people who display shyness only in very particular situations, although in other aspects they might excel.

PS: this is my post No 1000

I know someone like this. She is also married, and has children. She is a workaholic, and very involved in a lot of activities, including several activities with her children...but she is incredibly socially awkward. Having a conversation with her, that isn't about work or something very specific, is like pulling teeth. It's weird and uncomfortable. There is just no natural flow of conversation.

I have noticed that her closer friends are talkers, and she usually just listens to them go on and on and on.

Myself, I like a balance of talking and listening, and I find it somewhat uncomfortable and unpleasant to try to have a meaningful conversation with people like this. It's frustrating.

There also has to be some degree of chemistry with friends, sometimes the 'vibe' between people just isn't conducive to friendship - is that possible in this situation?

Archived