Unfriending on Facebook

Kantriakhor

I dated a girl like that once, it didn't work. I'm from the south, so we naturally call girls things like darlin, sweetheart, hun, etc. She said I was a sexist pig. Seriously, * * * . lol

Anything relevant to my situation? Hopefully I don't sound rude but this is digressing from the topic and I'd hate to have a "thread has run its course"thread death.

I dated a girl like that once, it didn't work. I'm from the south, so we naturally call girls things like darlin, sweetheart, hun, etc. She said I was a sexist pig. Seriously, * * * . lol

This would annoy me ( the girl I mean, not you!) When the intent to be kind is there, it baffles me, how someone can get annoyed with something like that!

This would annoy me ( the girl I mean, not you!) When the intent to be kind is there, it baffles me, how someone can get annoyed with something like that!

Pet peeves most likely, as well as a long-term identification of something with a negative emotion like sexism in that case, for me ... I just find it annoying.

Pet peeves most likely, as well as a long-term identification of something with a negative emotion like sexism in that case, for me ... I just find it annoying.

Well maybe this is a reason?

you do seem concerned that this friend de-friended you.

Perhaps they see you as someone who makes issues out of nothing.

I could be wrong, just a suggestion. i wouldn't want to be friends with someone who has so many issues.... which is what i've seen here on ENA.

Well maybe this is a reason?

you do seem concerned that this friend de-friended you.

Perhaps they see you as someone who makes issues out of nothing.

I could be wrong, just a suggestion. i wouldn't want to be friends with someone who has so many issues.... which is what i've seen here on ENA.

If it related to my above comment, I was referring as to why his ex may have disliked it. As I said, I just find it annoying.

It's fair enough to not like being called things that are not your name, especially by people who you do not know. Kantriakhor's pet peeves are also his business and not the subject of this thread.

Kantriakhor, I think this matter of being unfriended may never be cleared up, be prepared for that. Maybe your friendship with her has run its course, that's all. I think that the reality for most adults is that we have at most a couple of very good friends that last, and the others come and go according to life changes. I would not blame yourself though or question it too much at this stage - she has her agenda and you might never know what it is. It may not reflect on you at all. You're probably right that it's related to that other friend though.

I'm sorry that your depression has had the effect on your friendships that it has. I went through something similar myself years ago, actually a couple of times. I think that people are just normal and flawed, selfish and possibly also a little bit scared of other people's feelings, particularly when they are intense. It's easier to just not call or visit the person who you feel is a bit draining. You may be a bit ahead of your time, or in not quite the right social circle for you, at least not right now.

Kantriakhor, you have repeatedly insulted and tried to control how other posters act in this thread. I think I counted four times in the thread, plus the PM you sent me asking me to change the wording of my post because you didn't like it.

Your inflexibility might have something to do with why you lose friends. Maybe you should try to realize that not everyone is like you. I wonder if you try to control your friends the way you try to control a group of strangers-who are trying to HELP you- on an anonymous message board.

Kantriakhor, you have repeatedly insulted and tried to control how other posters act in this thread. I think I counted four times in the thread, plus the PM you sent me asking me to change the wording of my post because you didn't like it.

Your inflexibility might have something to do with why you lose friends. Maybe you should try to realize that not everyone is like you. I wonder if you try to control your friends the way you try to control a group of strangers-who are trying to HELP you- on an anonymous message board.

I don't see how I insulted anyone, and my PM was for you to remove the attack from the post, as for controlling, I was only saying what I don't like to be called. If you have such a problem with it maybe you should just ignore this thread

As for rigidity, I don't attempt to control how my friends behave or tell what to do or not to do unless it's a matter of the law or rules where someone can get hurt (such as drinking while driving). The majority of the posts have been about my pet peeve, or back-handed comments with me attempting to diffuse/understand them.

Archived