Is my rage justified?

Aries73

I just got through reading this article in New York magazine, and I feel ready to find one of these people described, beat them into next week, and toss them off the nearest and highest bridge I can find.

link removed

Every day I try my hardest not to let life get the best of me, but when I read or hear about rich people like these griping about their entitlement to live like they do I find myself thinking of 6 million ways to put these people 6 million feet under. Irrational? Yes, but these people won't get how the rest of us feel until one of them gets done like Marie Antoinette (off with their heads).

Am I wrong for thinking like this? Right now I think it would be the only suitable form of justice, regardless of how their families may feel.

Hey, I'm not rich, but I'm getting there. In the U.S., if you work hard, and I do mean HARD, you will get somewhere. It's just that not that many people want to work that hard. I never have free time, every second is planned. I work three jobs and go to grad school. On top of this, I do 25 hour practicums every 8 weeks. Most people want the money, but don't want to work 60-70 hours per week. If you haven't tried working like that and going to school, don't be mad at rich people because they have more than you. Most (not all) rich people have worked VERY hard to get where they are. A life with no leisure (I'm in my home office working at the moment) is required to make REAL money. When I become truly rich, then I will play. Until then, work, work, work.

I just got through reading this article in New York magazine, and I feel ready to find one of these people described, beat them into next week, and toss them off the nearest and highest bridge I can find.

link removed

Every day I try my hardest not to let life get the best of me, but when I read or hear about rich people like these griping about their entitlement to live like they do I find myself thinking of 6 million ways to put these people 6 million feet under. Irrational? Yes, but these people won't get how the rest of us feel until one of them gets done like Marie Antoinette (off with their heads).

Am I wrong for thinking like this? Right now I think it would be the only suitable form of justice, regardless of how their families may feel.

Rage: Normal

Wanting to bury people...Uh not ok.

Focus on yourself and stop reading it. I think a lot of people need to be humbled but its not our job to do it.

Hey, I'm not rich, but I'm getting there. In the U.S., if you work hard, and I do mean HARD, you will get somewhere. It's just that not that many people want to work that hard. I never have free time, every second is planned. I work three jobs and go to grad school. On top of this, I do 25 hour practicums every 8 weeks. Most people want the money, but don't want to work 60-70 hours per week. If you haven't tried working like that and going to school, don't be mad at rich people because they have more than you. Most (not all) rich people have worked VERY hard to get where they are. A life with no leisure (I'm in my home office working at the moment) is required to make REAL money. When I become truly rich, then I will play. Until then, work, work, work.

All of that is beside the point. What sends me up a wall is the proverbial middle finger these spoiled rich @#%$&s seem to be giving all of the rest of us with their comments in the article. These people have absolutely no sense of shame and I highly doubt that half of them even have a conscience or a soul.

In this economy, why should I feel sorrow if one of these cretins finally gets what he/she deserves after playing games with the lives of others? Or are you saying stealing workers' pensions, going around EEOC laws by hiring non-citizens instead of African-Americans, and shipping jobs to Asia are ok?

I never believed in an eye for an eye, but this situation is testing my limits.

sorry but i honestly think that if you're in a highly complex/skilled high pressure job like insurance investment or banking you are there because of the money. you know there's a very good chance you're going to be coming home with 6 figures + because of the bonuses

Now to tax 90% of the bonus will only make one of two things happen - they will get a basic wage with no/minimal bonus which will lead to complacency (as they dont need to work so hard to get their money) or you're going to lose your best and brightest traders to countries who don't feel so guilty about paying top dollar for someone who's able to and seemingly wants to do such an important high pressure high risk high stress job.

We have no right to sit on our high horses and tell them what they do or do not deserve, because we all would take what we could (/needed - and remember we always live within our means so what you currently have is what you perceive to need) --- i honestly think people getting riled by this are just immature and jealous.

These people deserve to get paid, even if their company fails (provided it's not their fault - blame policy and the ones who made it, not the people).

It's a pretty normal reaction to be angry but the problem is not with the greedy fat cats who set these crooked policies. A certain percentage of them will always exist and find their mark. The problem is with our society on the whole and how it has sold out en masse to this mentality of greed. We're all being humbled by greed run amok, banker and ditch digger alike. This is happening because we all need to take a look at how we view the level of materialism in our lives being sold to us by our culture.

We can't pillage the essential resources needed for life and expect it to last forever. Eventually we hit bottom. That's where we stand now. The question then becomes what can we do to productively change it? Perhaps a general shift in social priorities is in order. A little less focus on the enrichment of the senses and a little more on a strengthening of the spirit.

Archived