Baby-faced late bloomer?

Seraphim

When we were at Mass yesterday I noticed many of the boys in my son's school class were already growing facial hair and their voice's were changing. They are also a good four inches taller than him. He is about 9 months younger than most of his class, does that really make that MUCH a difference?? It might be mostly genetics maybe.....he is small, a good number of the girls are larger than he is and there are grade 4's that are bigger than him too. Maybe he is going to be a late bloomer?

My lil cousin was short and then one day, bam, he was taller than me! Some ppl go thru growth spurts earlier than others. Up until 5th or 6th grade I was a normal height and then somewhere btwn 14-16 I grew to 5'9. So dont worry.

I also think the hormones in our food causes some children to mature earlier. Thats just my theory tho.

prob get a growth spurt a little late... i went from 5,8 to 6,1 from the summer of 7th and 8th grade...

My son is NOWHERE even close to that height but he will be in grd 7 in Sept.......He is 4'10" now in grade 6 and only wears a size 3 shoe. He is a tiny boy.

Archived