Is NC a good idea? Advice please.

AJEDrew7

My girlfriend broke up with me after 7 months because we're in a long distance relationship for half the year (the other half we're together) and she found it pressing and difficult because she isn't good with distance. It happened over spring break and the whole plane ride back she told me she loved me. It wasn't a bad breakup because I acted okay with the breakup though I'm heartbroken. But, she knows I'm emotionally torn because her guy friend made jokes about it and upset me. She asks my roomate to make sure I'm happy and doesn't want me to be upset. I want to win her back and make her miss me but she says she doesn't want a relationship anytime soon. For the last 3 weeks we've talked about why we've broken up and we've been chatting like best friends. She talks to me all the time. If I don't instant message her, she'll message me. I feel like she still loves me still. I was contemplating no contact but I think it may backfire and just cause everything we still have to fall apart since she says she doesn't want a serious relationship anytime soon and apparently it was getting too serious for her . My other option is that since we'll be spending lots of time together this summer that would help me make her realize she missed me and how good things were when we were together. I was thinking maybe I could change her mind about the relationship in general but I'm not sure if either would be effective and whether it'd be worth trying. She says she doesn't want to talk about us or being together at all and just wants to concentrate on us being friends. I don't know if this is a test at how needy I am or maybe she wants me to stay in her life for when she's home for good and thinks of me as serious material and doesn't want to ruin things while she's away or maybe she just wants to be friends straight up.

Go NC dude.

She has to see what she has lost before she can start missing you.

When she misses you and doesn't hear from you, she's going to be wondering what you're doing with yourself, whether you have moved on to another relationship etc.

If it's meant to be, it will happen. Don't be a fool about it though, explain to her that you feel it's best you don't talk anymore because this is too hard for yourself, and wish her all the best for the future.

What I'm worried about is that the NC won't make a difference. She has said she doesn't want a serious relationship at this point in her life. Sure she may miss me, but is that grounds for her to break from what she's told me? What I'm saying is that I don't know if NC would be effective at all considering

The thing is is that I'm not chasing her, she's chasing me. I have sat online without talking to her at all or without calling her, but no matter what I do she always strikes up a conversation with me. And I know part of NC is about getting me back, but I know I can get me back without going NC completely too.

The thing is is that I'm not chasing her, she's chasing me. I have sat online without talking to her at all or without calling her, but no matter what I do she always strikes up a conversation with me. And I know part of NC is about getting me back, but I know I can get me back without going NC completely too.

Yeah... I know. Just about all of us who have been in your situation know.

There is no for sure way to get her back and trying to be her friend more than likely isn't going to do it either. She wants you around for a "friend" because it's comforting, familiar, and even a little guilt relief. You’ll be hanging around “waiting” for her to love you once more. In the mean time she’s looking for Mr. Next. Then when she starts dating and you go postal on her because you/she said "maybe in the future" you'll get the canned speech, “Why are you mad? I said I only wanted to be friends.”

Your best bet is to cut all contact, agree that it's not working out. Friends isn't an option right now. Save face, walk away like a man with your pride in tact. Get your poop in a group. Maybe, just maybe she'll realize what she had and want it back. There are no guarantees.

In the mean time you should be scouting out Mrs. Right.

Yeah... I know. Just about all of us who have been in your situation know.

There is no for sure way to get her back and trying to be her friend more than likely isn't going to do it either. She wants you around for a "friend" because it's comforting, familiar, and even a little guilt relief. You’ll be hanging around “waiting” for her to love you once more. In the mean time she’s looking for Mr. Next. Then when she starts dating and you go postal on her because you/she said "maybe in the future" you'll get the canned speech, “Why are you mad? I said I only wanted to be friends.”

Your best bet is to cut all contact, agree that it's not working out. Friends isn't an option right now. Save face, walk away like a man with your pride in tact. Get your poop in a group. Maybe, just maybe she'll realize what she had and want it back. There are no guarantees.

In the mean time you should be scouting out Mrs. Right.

It is harsh advice, but it is good advice

I got it last week from various sources and eventually I sat up and took notice. It's not easy, I still have my moments of weakness, but you do/will get through it. If a person can't reciprocate your feelings towards them, then they are not worth those feelings. Invest in yourself

ps - IMAbadman - I think I'm following you around here...LOL

I got it last week from various sources and eventually I sat up and took notice. It's not easy, I still have my moments of weakness, but you do/will get through it. If a person can't reciprocate your feelings towards them, then they are not worth those feelings. Invest in yourself

I don't mean to be harsh. I just tend to be overly blunt.

We all know breaking up is painful and it's really hard to analyze a situation when you’re a party to it and riding the emotional rollercoaster. I like to think that sometimes people just want an honest answer, without the sugar coating. Generally it’s not what they want to hear but rather, what needs to be said.

PS. You can follow me anywhere.

We all know breaking up is painful and it's really hard to analyze a situation when you’re a party to it and riding the emotional rollercoaster. I like to think that sometimes people just want an honest answer, without the sugar coating. Generally it’s not what they want to hear but rather, what needs to be said.

Maybe 'harsh' was quite a severe word to use. But you obviously know where I'm coming from.

I appreciate the (sometimes brutal) honesty on this site and I like to believe it's said from a caring point of view. Thats how I like to post on here.

We all want to hear that our exes are going to change their minds and come back and sometimes they do, but sometimes that goal is an all consuming passion and we should all be spending time looking after ourselves.

Maybe 'harsh' was quite a severe word to use. But you obviously know where I'm coming from.

I appreciate the (sometimes brutal) honesty on this site and I like to believe it's said from a caring point of view. Thats how I like to post on here.

We all want to hear that our exes are going to change their minds and come back and sometimes they do, but sometimes that goal is an all consuming passion and we should all be spending time looking after ourselves.

Archived