ARG... conversation with a short answerer

jim54

Ok, I've know this girl at school for about 2 weeks now. I've gone on one date with her which went fairly well....The problem is conversation. When I try to initiate conversation by asking questions and such, she gives fairly short answers, which makes it hard to talk about anything (she is pretty shy). I've had 1 phone conversation with her which went alright, but I had to end it because I just completely ran out of things to say. The worst part is, I can't bring up the same questions later, becasue it will seem lame as we already 'discussed' them. So is there any advice out there on how to draw out conversations longer so they aren't dead within a few words? (keep in mind she is shy) Also, some new convo ideas as well for someone i've known for about 2 weeks and am in the minor stages of a relationship with?

I appreciate your help.

Try to find out what this girl likes..what sports she plays...whts her hobbies.....Then do some research on it find some facts out... the best way to find out about her is to ask some of her best friends. My GF's friends are very open with me and will always tell me whats best for me, or if i should do something.

Hope it works out