Will most employers leave voicemails?

I've sent out a million resumes lately and I've started getting some strange numbers showing up on my caller ID. But I never answer the phone unless I recognize the number so I just let the calls go to voicemail. These numbers never leave messages and I can't find any information on the numbers via a Google search.

I would think employers/recruiters would leave messages, but maybe not? Anyone have any experience on this?

In this job market, I wish I was the "cheery" type. But since I'm not, I've avoided every job with the terms "customer service" or "sales" in the title or description. Odd how that's about 90% of jobs.

Yea those jobs are the most plentiful right now, particularly in our current economy if you are in the US. The best way to get a job tho is to go for the ones that most people avoid.

I'm all about 2nd and 3rd shift jobs, jobs that require 100% travel, etc... the type of jobs most family types won't/can't touch. No luck as of yet, but I do target those.

If I saw an ad, "seeking solitary figure to work alone for 10 hours shifts from 8pm-6am, in warehouse lifting heavy objects," then I'd be set.

Or if I could find a set of desired attributes that encompasses a total antithesis to all these sales jobs: "Are you the type of person that hates talking to others? Do you never smile? Do the words 'team environment' make you want to run for the hills? Do you find yourself overly agitated if someone says 'hello' to you? Then apply here!"

I'm all about 2nd and 3rd shift jobs, jobs that require 100% travel, etc... the type of jobs most family types won't/can't touch. No luck as of yet, but I do target those.

If I saw an ad, "seeking solitary figure to work alone for 10 hours shifts from 8pm-6am, in warehouse lifting heavy objects," then I'd be set.

Or if I could find a set of desired attributes that encompasses a total antithesis to all these sales jobs: "Are you the type of person that hates talking to others? Do you never smile? Do the words 'team environment' make you want to run for the hills? Do you find yourself overly agitated if someone says 'hello' to you? Then apply here!"

JJ,

Hang in there my friend. I am convinced, after years and years at this game, that there is a job perfectly suited for everyone. No one, no one, will ever convince me otherwise. I believe you were wired up differently than every other person on this earth and that there is something out there for you.

Just move forward and stay positive...and ignore the news. Remember what Rockefeller once said, "Prosperity will return again." It always has and always will. You'll be good. I believe that.

All the best.

I've sent out a million resumes lately and I've started getting some strange numbers showing up on my caller ID. But I never answer the phone unless I recognize the number so I just let the calls go to voicemail. These numbers never leave messages and I can't find any information on the numbers via a Google search.

I would think employers/recruiters would leave messages, but maybe not? Anyone have any experience on this?

I know that in the legal arena, they always left voicemails. I never picked up when they called.

Archived