the girl i never met

smooki

hey everyone,

im gonna try and keep this brief, im in university and i live on campus. its just about the end of the year now, and theres this girl ive noticed who lives in around my dorm. since ive seen her from about 3 weeks ago ive thought shes been really attractive and my type of girl. my problem is, ive never actually met her and she most likely does not know my name. i know her's because one of my roomates is somewhat her friend. the only time i have talked to her was for literally like 5 seconds, and it was just a arbitrary question (maybe not directly intended for me, could have been tho, a question completely irrelevant to anything so dont worry, lol). how would i go about approaching her and getting to know her to perhaps build a friendship (potentially a relationship?). i know some ppl may say ask my roomate to hook me up, but as im sure some ppl mite understand, this would be extremely awkward for a person like myself (shy, not really knowing wat to say at times). so any suggestions on how to break the ice in my situation would be very greatly appreciated , and anyone who could help me get over this huge life obstacle would be my hero, lol.

btw ive never had a gf yet, but am not afraid to talk to girls, just sometimes dont no wat to say to carry a conversation or make myself sound interesting.

Thanks for reading and hopefully responding!

I'm a pretty shy guy myself - not socially inept, just not a great initiator or sustainer of conversation. I met the girl of my dreams swing dancing, which had really helped me learn how to socialize and led up to me being able to snag the perfect girl. If there's a social activity you're interested in or already into, maybe invite her along. Of course, there's always the option of asking her out point-blank for coffee or something.

Good luck!

Draco

the situation has now moved to she knows my name, and who i am, lol, still not moved to friends, but if we saw each other, we'd probably say hi. gonna add her on facebook and just make some small talk. any advice or things to say would help, thanks

how would i go about approaching her and getting to know her to perhaps build a friendship (potentially a relationship?

You have to CLEARLY make a choice. Do you want her as a friend or something more?

If you want something more then it's best to avoid the friendzone and ask her out on a date.

Since you haven't spoken much ask her what types if things interest her(hobbies) and if she GENUINELY INTERESTS YOU(remember you have to actually want to date her because she is interesting not just because she may look good) the she earned the date from you.

i do want something more with her, its just i dont see her very often in person, it just hasnt been a common thing to see her in person, never in the same place. i was wondering if there was a way i could get closer with her through facebook cuz of the lack of actual meeting, like just getting to know each other and stuff and perhaps leading into a date. wat would u go about saying, if this is a person u dont really no a whole lot about yet, to become closer and lead to a date?

There isn't really a certain question or formula you can use. It's tough, but try not to think about it too much. If you over plan it'll just lead to a lot of self-criticism and awkward stumbling. Come up with some potential topics and store them away in the back of your mind for the next time you bump into one another. You both know your roommate--there's one thing to talk about. But when it comes down to it, you'll just have to take the risk of asking her out. There's really no way around it.

Archived