Party! - Can anyone give any advice, pls...?

Hi guys,

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this but i couldn't think of any particular topic to place this under.

Right there's a girl that i like that's having a party on Saturday night i have managed to find a way of getting to her party, the location isn't the best place seen as it's about 30 - 40 miles away. Anyway my parents have agreed to take me there and bring me back which means i can have a few drinks (this is a 18th B'day Party) it was her B'day today... lol. Anyway there's going to be some people that i know and others that i don't including her parents. Im really nervous when it comes to meeting other peoples parents, that is if she does introduce me to them. What do i say? I also don't know how to dance (yep, im pathetic ), i know not everyone can dance, but on this occasion i wish i could, to dance with her. I'm not one for being the centre of attention, anyway she's the one that's going to be and i wan't to know is there anything i should do at the party besides compliment her, i mean i don't want to be the one that sits at the party and just stares at people. This is where i could use some of the confidence that she has, which is one of the things that attracts me to her, do we tend to go for partners that are oppisite to our selves as supposing we want what they have and they want what we have, that sort of thing? Should i ask her out at the party or not, or would it be better to wait to our day out next week on Sunday together?

Well any suggestions or advice from anyone would be brilliant.

Thanks everyone .

- whitefang

Hi MollyElise,

Thanks for replying, i suppose doing what you said might keep me busy talking with others but what happens when she introduces me to her parents (that's if). Also what if she asks me to dance with her, i CANT for love nor money dance if i try i'll be a laughing stock. I do want to get to know her family and those close to her, that would be great but im feel nervous about the whole thing and it's not even for 2 days.

Getting this close to someone's family, friends and other people im going to be a complete nervous wreck.

- whitefang

Meeting parents can seem very nerve racking, but it doesn't have to be. Just be yourself and act like a gentleman when you meet them. Shake their hands, compliment them, answer their questions about you, and ask them questions. It helps if you know a little about what they are interested in and like to talk about (basically brag about). Then ask them a question about it and get them talking. If they do the talking it takes pressure off of you, and believe it or not makes them think that you are really smart. When they are talking be very attentive and agree with them.

This kind of stuff works with everyone, including picking up girls. These are principles that salesmen follow, and that is what you are doing: selling yourself. It can be hard to figure out how to do, but once you figure it out it will work great.

Hi bullet,

Thanks for the advice, i suppose being myself is all i can be when i meet them. I hate thinking about it, im trying not too but it's hard im thinking about all the possible ways of messing up, god i hate it when i go through this. I guess everyone has to face this at some point or another, i'll just have to sell myself by being myself.

Do you think it would be better to ask a girl when out when in a large e.g. the party or wait until alone with her because were going on small trip on next week Sunday and were going to be alone then, do you think i should ask her then?

Thanks,

- whitefang

Well if her parents are going to be at this party, the first thing you should do is go up to them and introduce yourself if you haven't already done so. Tell them your name and sy it is nice to meet them. After that, the next thing you got to worry about is mingling with the other party guest. You said you know some people, so hang out with them and talk to the people they know. Ask your friend(s) who the person they are talking to is and introduce yourself to them in the appropiate matter. Another good strategy for mingleing is hanging out next to the refreshment table and talk to other people how good the food they're about to try is, like "hey buddy, those cheese logs are pretty tight" or some junk like that. Finally, dancing. Its really not so hard, just when they play one of your favorite songs, go out there and move your arms and legs in a rythmic manner. Its easier to show than explain...... As for your girl friend, go up to her during a slow song and ask her if she would like to dance. Remember to stay near her during the party so once they do play a song, you'll get first dibs! To dance with girls. put your hand on her hips and have her put her hands around your shoulder and neck, then move rock slowly back and froth and side to side making a circle as you go. Try not to build up a sweat before the slow song so go to the bathroom often and wash up. Remember if you drink too much, be careful what you say to her. Talk to her before you drink and jsut say hi and bye after otherwise you migh scare her with your drunkness. I hope that helps.

Hi Suavemantotherescue,

Thanks for replying and for the advice, very much appreciated. I spoke to her today and she told that there's going to be a pretty big crowd coming to her Birthday Party including her parents, family and a load of friends. At least i know some of them and im not alone (thank god!). I also told her that i could dance and she told me that she'd drag me onto the dance floor herself and make me dance with her which she then gave me some confidence so im gonna give it a try it for her. Im sure everything will be fine (he hopes )... lol.

Thanks ,

- whitefang

alot of ppl get put in this possition everyday. handle it like u normally would ne other day with ppl pretend everyone there u know and be friendly. usually ppl at partys arent all that judgemental its not like school. but as for the girl. ide say use some of ur smooth talk that i know u have in you. and tell her how you feel bout her. read her body language..sunday sounds like a better time to ask her out tho. cuz it will be ore quiet. partys arent all quiet thats for sure lol!.. and dancing Not everyone knows how to dance! so many ppl just get up there and immitate others lol.. a good way to get that girl to dance with u is to tell her u dont know how to dance..its perfect i mean think about it..>>well good luck and i hope i gave u some ok advice u can follow!

Hi Emotional,

Thanks for replying and for the advice, very much appreciated. Well today's the day and tonight's the party, im going to be myself and chat to as many people (yeh... that's what im saying now but). She already knows i can't dance and she going to drag me onto the dance floor (that'll be fun). Also im going to ask her out on the Sunday as you said it will be just the both of us and it'll be alot quiter.

Thanks everyone for all your help, ill let you know how it wen't.

Thanks again,

- whitefang

Hi everyone,

As i said i would in letting you know what happened. First half of the party was a bit a bit boring up until i got dragged onto the dance floor by her. We danced for 7 songs non-stop, my feet were killing me because im not used to dance and now i love it . About 11 people were starting to leave but there were still some about, me and her best friend were using my mobile to talk because it was about me liking the Birthday Girl and it turns out that she has feelings for me and she was waiting for me to ask her (i feel a bit of an idiot) and she told me that i'm the perfect boyfriend/husband material for her . So were going out next week sunday and we've planned to go out together over the Easter holidays. Im going to take things slowly with her but it looks like i found my confidence in her and my courage and hopefully in the next week we'll be a couple, i wonder how long it take before the whole college knows about it... 8) oh, well go with the flow.

Thank you everyone who has provided advice, it all work out in the end even though i couldn't see in the start.

Thanks again... i love this website

- whitefang

good for you man... you know she likes you so your set...don't wait forever like i did with my ex....i waited oalong time b4 i asked her out and i knew she liked me....but good for you gettin up tehre and dancing i really don't like to dance ...but i do on occasion .. once u do it its ok tho... good luck man

Hi Jony,

Thanks alot, it's nice to know that there's support for us all this is why love this website. Well im asking her Tomorrow i've found my courage and confidence on Saturday night im sure i can dig it out again for Tomorrow. Even though i now know that she feels the same for me i'm still nervous i suppose that it will go once i get in the swing of being in a relationship again.

Thanks .

- whitefang