thinking that i might have diabetes...

diabetes runs in my family on both my mother and fathers side....well i've looked up on some pages on the net and i have some of the symptoms of diabetes. like being tired and haveing to go to the bathroom dry skin etc...

so my mother has been checking my blood sugars at least once a day and for that past week-two weeks they have been low..like from 40-to no higher than 64...and this is after i have ate a bunch of food..i dont drink pop or eat junk food...so i dont know can anybody please help me on figuring out what is up with all of this...PLEASE!!!!!

Diabetes would actually cause you to have high blood sugar, not low. It sounds more like you are hypoglycemic to me.

definitely see your doctor. Hypoglycemia can kill you if left untreated. You could have a seizure or fall unconscious.

Please see your doc immediately.

avman

thats some serious stuff ur dealing with..do u ever get blurred vission or a sudden urge to drink like a thirst..cuz now that im lookin at the symtoms im scared cuz thats how i am this is what i just now read...

The classic signs of diabetes are:

excessive urination including frequent trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night

intense thirst and hunger

severe fatigue.

As Type 1 diabetes progresses other signs of diabetes may include:

dry skin

blurred vision

unexplained weight loss

thin, malnourished appearance.

Fortunately many of these diabetic signs are similar to a more controllable form of the disease, Type 2 diabetes. Only 5-10% of the people expressing the classic diabetic symptoms will be diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.

Type 2 Diabetes

Physical health is key to this syndrome—80% of Type 2 diabetics are overweight and physically inactive. This was once thought to be a middle-aged disease, but since childhood obesity has been on the rise, cases of Type 2 diabetes are being diagnosed at every age. The majority of Type 2 diabetics are still over 55.

thats scary because if u do have that the only way to really know is to go to doctors..i hope u dont have it and i hope ur ok..i have a friend and his lil brother who has this n this liler one his lil brother get spricked with the needle thinggy to take his blood everyday..its sad..i lvoe that lil boy..

well i hope verything goes well..ur friend Emotional