thinking about my exes

any explanations would be great. i would like to know if anybody out there has gone through this too or just some general advice.

my last relationship was about 8-9 months ago. it didnt end well but i eventually got over him. i was happy being single when i met who i believe is the love of my life. i love him more than anything. it is the most incredible relationship i have had ever had or could dream of.

my problem is....

i cant stop thinking about my exes. i wonder what they are up to all the time. All of them have popped into my head at one point or another. one bf in particular (my first 5 year relationship, i broke up with him and he was torn apart for about a year) has been in my dreams a lot and i even searched him on myspace to see what he was up too.

what does this mean? i have thought about all my exes, does it mean i am not over them? why is this happening to me?

please help

thats normal. I have done the same thing from time to time, its completely natural. You will never forget your first love or the men in your lives that you had feelings for. And the guy your with now Im sure he's not 100% perfect and some of the guys you "use" to date did things better than him in some areas. The guy I am with I am head iver heels in love with him, but even though my ex was a drunk binge drinking alcoholic he was more romantic than my currant bf and I wish he was more like him in that way. Now I wouldnt trade my guy for my ex any day. An Ex is an Ex for a reason and it should stay that way. Yes I do think about guys I have casually dated or have known. Thinking about stuff like that is perfectly natural, It would be like a really good looking guy walk past you and you not look. Its ok to look guess what "your human" just like your guy is human and I am sure he has looked at another atractive women. This doesnt mean your love for them is any less or that your not "meant" to be. Its also normal to have these feelings in a new relationship, or when a relationship is a little rocky, or when you are at a cross road where you relationship is getting more serious. My advise dont worry about it your normal.

I agree with everyone else-this is normal. I was in a healthy, happy marriage and a few years into it, I felt sad about my first serious bf and how I had broken up with him. This didn't mean I wanted to be with him, but I just felt a deep sense of loss. I don't think you should feel bad about it.

Archived