Need help with this one.

My ex broke up with me 4 months ago, we've had limited, though consistent, contact (once a week), mainly texting. He asked me out for coffee New Years Day (the only time I've seen him since we broke up). I think he's been seeing someone since he broke up with me.

Anyway, last week he asked me to go to a movie with him. The movie doesn't come out for 4 months!!!!! And just the other day he asked to make sure I was keeping that day open for him.

Um...am I missing something here??? I don't get it. Planning 4 months in advance?

Now I'm not thinking, oh, he wants to get back together, cause if he did he would've by now. I just don't get why he would ask me so far ahead of time. And, furthermore, is that the next time I'm gonna see him. What's his deal? Is it just him trying to maintain a friendship or something else?

sounds like he's not sure about breaking up with you - he could regret it and wants you in his life but for whatever reason he is not willing to be in a committed relationship with you. This way...he gets to have you in his life, be comforted by the fact that you will be there for him (even in 4 months) but not make a commitment to you.

If you are still "in love" with him and want something more than a friendship, I think you should really think about continuing this "friendship" with him.

What happens if he "finally" decides that he can move on without you...where does that leave you?

Archived