Extreme Anxiety when dating

JoJo90814

Does anyone experience this. When I am dating I exerience extreme anxiety. Im afraid that they arent going to like me, or are going to cancel on me and I just cannot enjoy dating someone I like.

Im dating someone now and Im fine when we are together but in between im afraid he is going to decide he does not like me anymore. I cant focus on anything else and i feel like a mess. If he does text me back right away I think there is something wrong. Normally I have such a good head on my shouldars but this is driving me insane.

Well I know he is dating not just me and we live an hour apart. At first he said he really liked me but he didnt make a strong effort to hang out with me due to our busy schedules and the distance. Sometimes he just seems inconsistant so I get suspicious and worried. I like him and we have a great time together, but im so anxious. The thing is , is that I usually feel like this when dating someone.

Yes, I totally relate. Some people have told me that if you really like the person then you will feel very comfortable around them. How much do you like them? It is important that you try to relax as much as you can - just be in the moment and remember the most important thing is that you enjoy yourself. Wait a second - I just read your reply to the other poster - what do you mean he isn't just dating you? I think some anxiety is very normal, but extreme anxiety is not.

He says he's dating only me, but I know that there is this girl he used to date who really likes him, who he talks to. Im not in a committed relationship with him so I think he has every right to do what he wants, just as I do. But im not seeing anyone else of course.

Are you saying he is seeing the other girl while also seeing you (you know that for certain?) or are you saying he used to date someone else?? If scenario 1, then the problem is with him - he might not be the right guy for you. If scenario 2, then are you too suspicious of him? The problem might be on your end. Practically everyone has dated someone before so if that bothers you...

Archived