Only just realised my stupid mistake

TuttleTree

My ex told me he loved me when we were still together, before we seemed to gradually fall apart.

I didn't say anything. I know that's awful and ridiculous sounding but it's not because I didn't feel that way, I was literally just shy and didn't want to come out with a stupid dismissive sounding line to replace it. I didn't want to respond automatically as it wouldn't sound genuine and I was taken by surprise.

It's something he brought up after we broke up a few times but I didn't really appreciate how hurt he must have been until recently.

Just how badly would you take it? would be enough for you to gradually go off someone?

He says he doesn't feel like that about me anymore, so I couldn't let myself think like that or I'd go mad. Although he says he's not over me, which I think is a bit of a contradiction.

I just want him to know I did love him, if that were to change things in his perspective I could see a possibility.

I'm in the middle of writing him an apology for my part in the mess, i hope it'll have some effect.

Archived