Hey, guys!

I wonder how to start my message. Yes, I met Him online and I'm falling for Him. Everything I feel for Him is freaking me out because all the people around keep on telling me that cyberspace relationship is wrong.

It is not a problem for me to meet a guy in the real life. What can I do if He is exactly what I'm looking for? We have lots of things in common and at the same time we are so different. I guess this is what makes us complete.

There are lots of threads out there like this one. I'm sorry but I needed to share because I'm not telling anyone about it all. I know noone will understand.

Finally, the only problem is that He doesn't know anything. We've made really good friends and we can chat 24/7 but I don't think he feels something of a kind for me. Besides, I don't think He is ready to hear what I'd like to tell him from me.

Do you know what? No one has to understand they should just accept it. really you cant choose who the heart falls for if we could life would probably be easier. Why dont you hold of telling him how you feel until you do meet him. People can be very different in real life than they are in cyber space. So why dont you arrange a meeting as just friends and see how it pans out and then when youve met and you know him a little bit better you can make more of an informed decision.

So why dont you arrange a meeting as just friends and see how it pans out and then when youve met and you know him a little bit better you can make more of an informed decision.

Hey there and thank you for replying to my thread.

Unfortunately what you ask me to do is not possible. He lives in another country and arranging a meeting right now is impossible.

Oh dammit, I miss him.

I would suggest that you just rematin friends with him. It may freak him out if you drop a bombshell on him like this. I know it seems like more than an online crush but just treat it as one until you can meet him. A long distance relationship is very difficult when the two people are already inlove and committed to eachother but I imagine it would be soo much more difficult if the two people are starting off long distance. Just try to remain friends would be my advice for right now. [/code]

• 4 months later...

DATING ONLINE IS NOT WRONG! Hahaha! It's really not. I personally see no difference between pursuing an online relationship and picking up a total stranger in a bar. Only I think you get to know the online person better. I have tried a few dating services, went on a few dates with one guy. I finally found the love of my life six months ago when our paths crossed in a chat room. I wasn't looking for love, it just hit us! And yes, we were an exclusive couple before we met in person. He lives accross the country from me, but I was able to meet him in June. It was awesome!

No one can tell you what course of action is right for you. You have to follow your heart. That's the only way this it can be right. Do what you need to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with what raggamuffin said. Sometimes, people do turn out to be very different in real life than they are online. Think about it - online communication creates a sense of "fantasy" where people start to build certain expectations of the other person because they haven't seen them yet. They start thinking of the person of how they envision them to be; hence, idealizing. For now, I advise you to be his friend, and in the future when a meeting can be arranged, see how it goes from there.

• 2 weeks later...

"The real world is not real at all"

I understand this... but if you think you two go togther is impossible in real life, you should stop such habitus to protect yourself and keep your "true love" for a "possible man". I think you know this but difficult to do, just try your best. Other people can't help you except yourself.