Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Our world is going to get better

gracerules2008

I really think our world is going to get better in the long run. Sure we have our setbacks but the trend is that we always manage to process as a human species.

We're certainly living in better times than we were 100 years ago. Slavery, racism, sexism, discrimination of gays and lesbians & narrow mindedness & religious bigotry is not nearly as preveleant today as it was 100 years ago.

It had to get worse before it got better. But we are heading for better times. Religion is slowly waning in our society and we are becoming more spiritual. More and more people are waking up and coming to the knowledge of the Truth- that God is ALL in ALL.

More and more will come to the knowledge of the truth that we are all equal and one with God and with each other. Like it or not the human race is one big happy family as far as God is concerned.

I really think that once the entire planet comes together as one mind then that will usher in the 2nd coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. What I mean by one mind is not necessarily sharing the same views on politics or religion or sports or dating criteria or other issues but rather coming to one mind as far as agreeing that we are all one with God and with the rest of creation. That belief is what is going to hold us together physically.

We can all have different religious beliefs but still come together if we all believe we are all the same in the eyes of God. I believe the true gospel of Jesus Christ is NOT a confrontational gospel about someone's sincerely held religious beliefs but rather a declaration of our universal oneness and equality before God. It is a declaration that ALL are loved & accepted & perfect before God APART from our works or even our own faith.

My opinions about God are at the very best incomplete if not completely wrong. That's ok because God's opinion about me and you and the rest of creation is complete and positive even more positive than our finite minds can comprehend.

So if there is a 2nd coming of Christ in the future I think it's going to happen as a final and natural result of the entire human race coming to the realization of our oneness with one another and with God & that God is in ALL things.

As self righteous divisive religion continues to wane then it will make way for all of this to fall into place.

I don't believe in some apocalyptic doom and gloom version of the 2nd coming of Christ. No way. I don't see our world getting worse until the 2nd coming of Christ. I see our world getting better before the 2nd coming.

I guess my view is close to the post millennial view of the 2nd coming. Post-millennialists believe that there will be 1000 years of peace on earth and that Christ will return at the end of that 1000 year peace.

Now I don't know if we're going to have 1000 years of peace but I have reason to believe that our world will get better just before Christ returns. I don't think a 2nd physical coming would be necessary since Christ already lives in ALL people but anything is possible.

Now it's just a matter of everyone coming to the knowledge of the Christ who already lives inside of them. Once that happens then we will already be experiencing the 2nd coming of Christ as a planet without the need for some physical sign in the sky of His return.

But as far as the end of the world? If this world is ever going to end then it's not going to happen anytime soon. Our planet has been here for billions of years before humans were created and it will still be here for billions of years long after we're gone (if we become extinct at all).

God has provided sufficient tools necessary to take care of this planet for a long long time.

God has provided our sun enough solar energy to last for at least another 5 billion years! So we don't have to worry about the sun blacking out anytime soon.

The end of the world that is predicted in the bible already happened 2000 years ago in the death, burial & resurrection of Jesus Christ. (John 12:31-33) Jesus is speaking:

"Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

32And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

33This he said, signifying what death he should die."

Hebrews 9:26 "6For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself."

When was the end of the world? the day that Jesus died on the cross to put away sin. His death on the cross marked the end of the law, the end of sin, the end of death, the end of the old covenant, the end of relating to God through a rewards/punishment system. The end of the world happened 2000 years ago.

I'm not going to get blessed by God for doing good and I'm not going to get cursed by God for doing bad. We're under grace. Which means we have to let go of both ends of the old covenant law system. 1. Rewarded for doing good. 2. Punishment for doing bad.

God's blessings reign on everyone whether we do good or bad. Trials and tribulations reign on everyone whether we're doing good or bad. This life is NOT fair. God never promised that it would be.

The good news is that we all will get the same reward in the end, which is eternal peace with God in heaven. God is just. It is absolutely just for God to save everyone through Christ who were condemned through Adam. That is the entire human race.

Adam's sin brought all of us into condemnation but Christ's righteousness brought all of us into justification. Christ set everything in the universe right again. You don't have to believe this. It does not change the fact that all of us are right before God and good to go and approved by Him.

I am really beginning to understand that the spirit of antichrist is any form of self righteousness and divisiveness. Any teaching that does NOT promote our oneness and equality with God and the rest of creation is of the spirit of antichrist. Self righteousness is the root of all the problems in our world. It always has been.

All bible prophecy was fulfilled in the life, death, burial & resurrection of Christ. So anything that happens in our world today has nothing to do with bible prophecy except the entire human race eventually coming to the realization of their true identity in Christ.

So from now on I must rely on scientific studies to tell me how much longer our world is going to be here. Most scientists would say another 5 billion years. So if this planet were to come to an end it's got nothing to do with fulfillment of bible prophecy.

On another note I have to consider myself libertarian when it comes to my political views. I'm neither democrat nor republican. Libertarian is the closet view that parallels with the gospel of grace & peace of the Lord Jesus Christ. Why? because I'm all for personal freedom and equality.

The most extreme form of legalism in politics is from the theocratic party. I think theocracy is the most extreme form of dictatorship while libertarianism is the best form of government that is free from legalism. All legalism is dictatorship and all dictatorship is legalism.

But hopefully after 2000 years we have learned our lessons about what happens when theocracy takes over our government. So we may not have to worry about church & state coming together again and history repeating itself.

So I believe we are truly living in the age that will never end but it will only get better. God promised to live with us & in us. God has deposited all that He is in every human being on this planet. Not everyone knows this yet.

It's all just a matter of learning about it, discovering the incredible blessed inheritance that all of us already possess inside of us. It's easy to lose sight of it. This is not an easy walk. Everything in this world system testifies to the total opposite of this reality so we must never forget who we are and what lives inside all of us.

Since God has given all of us everything we need for life and godliness then it does not make sense for me to live my life trying to gain some sort of extra credit points with God. That's what religion tries to do. Why would I need to when God has already given everyone all of Himself and His kingdom?

Archived