How to forget her (tips?) advice?

I really want to forget this girl. I love her she apparently doesn't love me so i think no point for me to push.

But the problem is that no matter what i do i can't get her out of my head. I try hard not to think about her but it doesn't work . Morever she is my co worker so i see her like once a week.

Should i quit this job?

Any other tips, advice?

She was and will be my first and last love!

Hmm...

As humans we strive to make sense of our world by assigning meaning to nearly everything we do. A large part of our whole existence is understanding the meaning of our actions and the actions of others.

When we get into a relationship, especially when the participants are younger, there is a great deal of meaning associated with the surroundings of that courtship. A song, a place, a color, a memory. Everything that touches that courtship retains meaning of that courtship. That is why it is so very much harder for the person who is "left" in a relationship to carry on as they are constantly reminded of the relationship that is gone. And make no mistake, ending a relationship is like a death. It effests people the same way.. part of your life is now gone.

The problem with still staying in contact, or in your case, working with, this girl, is that you are in the same environment as when you two were together and seeing her semi-regularly will inhibit your ability to get over the relationship. This is one of the very good reasons never to date a co-worker.

I hope that this helps..

~AzurePhoenix

She may be your first love, but she will not be your last.

Unfortunately, this also won't be your only heart break in life. There are many more storms on the horizon. It's how you handle and learn from your current situations that will help you prevent future tragedy. There are also times when your previous experience leaves you without answers...... live and learn. No regrets.

Women come.....and women go. Just like seasons my friend.

I'm not sure how long you two were involved or IF you were involved. It would make sense to look for another employer but that's your call.

You'll be fine buddy......

p.s. In the future remember this little saying: "Never dip your pen in company ink"

Man that has got to be awful. I can't imagine having to SEE this person everyday. Tough situation my friend.

I was just sitting here thinking about all the people I work with everyday - I work in a fairly large office, and your post got me to thinking that there are some people who are just a few cubes away who I never see all day sometimes. Not only do I not see them in an entire day, but I don't even think about them.

My point being that I would be very hesitant to leave your job because of this. Is it possible to change some habits which may help avoid seeing her? Get coffee at 10:30 instead of at 10:00, come in and out a different entrance door. Use a copy machine at a different work area. I think you would only have to change things around for a little while until you can get your balance back.

If you can't avoid her, I would encourage you to fake being happy. Keep a smile on your face, keep your attitude light and casual, and your contact with her as limited as possible. Just a quick "hi" - and keep moving.

Take control my man. You've got it in you.

-A

Athena hit the nail. When you are around her (which is unfortunate) act has happy as a pig in.. well you know.

As far as tips. I have one tip . TIME my friend. You have heard it before. But that is all you really have.

Take up a new hobby: I picked up the guitar, started a cd collection. Started working had at work, went back to the gym; the list goes on and on.

You have to get your list going. You have to keep busy. That is the key here.