Ok... This is going to sound very odd. Well, I guess it is really odd, so fair warning.

Perhaps some of you are familiar with the experience of having lucid dreams. These are the dreams in which you either realize you are dreaming, or are more coherent and "conscious" than in your average dream. They can seem incredibly real, and often bear striking resemblance to your real "waking" life.

Anyway, I have been having a few semi-lucid dreams lately in which my ex and I are back together. I realize it is odd in the dream, but I don't question it, and we always end up "making up" over the issues that caused us to split in real life. I have had false awakenings from these dreams, in which I wake up next to her, and it's really stirring up some old emotions. It's happened on consecutive nights, a half dozen times or so. They leave me feeling in a "funk" for a few hours each morning, it's kind of hard to shake at times.

I mean... We've been split for over a year, and I have been over it for a while, but now my subconscious is apparently bringing it all back for some reason.

Anybody else ever have experiences like this? Any tips for dealing with it. I know it is kind of weird, just curious if anybody has some thoughts... Not the end of the world, but it's been on my mind lately.

Thanks!

I had that experience over the summer. Me and the guy I was interested in hadn't seen each other in over a year or so and I started to have lucid dreams about him trying to get back with me. At first, I wondered if we were going to be together again or would it be a lost cause. The last dream that I had about him, he rejected me and afterwards I stopped having dreams about him. I guess you have to let the dreams taper off on their own.

Archived