Valentine's day for a close friend???

What, if anything, should I get for my friend that I am really close to and REALLY want to be with?

A little background:

She and I can talk about anything and are extremely close. She knows how I feel about her and I think she may like me too but she has a BF. I want to get her something but I dont know if I should.

Please respond soon....tomorro may be the last chance I have to give a gift to her before V-Day.

Hi bb13,

If i were you i wouldn't get her anything for Valentine's Day if she already has a bf. This sorta situation can cause problems (and i mean big problems) that if her bf finds out. I have been in this similar situation with my friend in college i wanted to buy her a Christmas present BUT she had a bf so i asked her if it was OK with her and her bf. She and her bf didn't mind because it was a sign of friendship. But a Valentine's gift for a friend is not a good idea, i mean if you had a gf would you like it a friend gave her a gift. I mean, if it were me i would be very p'd off and want to really hurt that person.

Summary Valentine's gift for a close friend who has a bf a BIG, NO NO!

If it were for a Birthday or Christmas then maybe but no for Valentine's Day.

Hope this was of any help, sorry to put a dampner on your plans.

All the best .

- whitefang

Her BF is already hateful and jealous of me( i cant understand the jealous part b/c he does have her and I dont) He has never really met me but apparently he is very protective i guess.

Do you think a caring letter or a text message would be ok? Just something about how much I treasure our friendship. She would also have plenty of time to think about it b/c she is going to FLA for almost 2 weeks and wont see her BF and may only see me once(coincidentally i'm going to about the same part of FLA)

We have had some deep conversations where she has told me some things about her relationship that she hasnt even told her BF (like how she doesnt love him like she used to). She has asked me numerous times what should she do. I dont know what she wants me to say.

Would a caring letter with some of my feelings for her be OK to give to her?

Yea if she has a b/f I wouldn't like bring some balloons or flowers to school for her. I mean if shes like a close friend though that you like, is there a time when its just you 2? If there is, maybe you can get her some candy or something. Write her a cute note, yea text message would work. Write a poem. Tell her how you feel I mean maybe she feels the same way but won't say ne thing to her b/f.

Last year, I had a major crush on my best guy friend and he said he liked this other girl. On V-Day, he was like Em, do you want to go to the dance with me? Of course being ecstatic, I said yes, we went to the dance and 10 days later on my b-day, he asked me out.

Good things can come out of it. TRUST ME. Write her a note, girls like notes. Say like HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!! I don't think its just a day for b/fs and g/fs, but for best friends. But deep down inside I want it to be more. Seriously though if you feel this way. Just don't do anything when her b/f is around. GOOD LUCK

bb13, yea im in the exact situation as you are in, you said in my other post. Just like my situation she already knows i like her and she said she felt the feelings also, and she has a BF, and she tells me stuff that im positive she doesnt tell him. But im not getting her anything, i would just text messege her and say something like "Happy V-Day baby" just something small. And when she asks you what you should do with her relationship, well, i always helped her out then after weeks of her pleeding for me to tell what i really feel, i told her that she deserves alot better and that she is getting treated like crap and stuff. BUT, love is like a drug and it is addicting, and when she heard me say that, she sorta pushed me away, and was afraid to talk about her relationship with me bc she said she was afraid of the truth, just like if somebody was on herion, they wont listen to anybody. Its best for them to figure it out on there own and grow as a person by it.