Would we be able to get back together? or has she already moved to another place?

Kraven

My GF of 3 months broke up with me just 3 days ago. She went back home to China for a holiday so we're leagues apart till she comes back in 10 or so days. Our fighting while apart and something that was distressing her (she refused to tell me what it is) in China triggered the break up. She told me she has decided that we shouldn't be together because I don't understand her and that I should leave her alone if we still wants to be friends after. After a very depressing 1st day of self bashing and hating, I experienced an epiphany to become a better person and to find out what went wrong so that I could win her back. 2 days worth of soul searching and reliving our 3 months together, I realised what I had done wrong. Armed with determination to win her back, I know what I should do to be compatible with her. But then today, we started talking again as FRIENDS. She even stated that I'm her best friend now. This took me off guard. Did I just get plunged into the dreaded "Friend's Zone"? In my opinion, I would think that getting her back while she's still nursing from the wounds of our broken relationship is easier than trying to convince her to make a leap from friends to lovers again.

What are everybody's opinion on my chances to get back with her?

I tried probing into the matter of what was distressing her in China when she decided to break up with me. She just told me that she didn't want to talk about it (again). She just told me that it's kinda resolved but it's not good.

Oh and we're both 24, if that makes much difference.

3 months isnt a long time. Prpbably she hadnt felt that close to you to talk about her distress. I dont see it that bad if she starts to see you as her best friend. Starting from here and getting to know her better, you might be able to win her heart again and be more than friends. Good Luck.

I dont see it that bad if she starts to see you as her best friend. Starting from here and getting to know her better, you might be able to win her heart again and be more than friends. Good Luck.

I agree with wgg, I also think being her "best friend" is a good thing. Whatever is causing her distress is obviously something of great importance. Could be a family matter? If she doesn't want to talk about it, you can let her know you are concerned, and that you care about her enough that you'll try to be as supportive as possible.

Make sure you do just that, be supportive! Offer to help her out in any way you can, ask what you can do to comfort her... make sure that you do it in ways that aren't intrusive, and be as gentle as possible. It doesn't sound like a permanent break up to me. Good luck!

Archived