please help,broken up for 8 months and still wANT HIM BACK

hi every one this is my first time , well i was with my ex for 2,5 years and living together since day 1 it was one of thoughts mad loves...... well then he lost his job , we lost apartment ,he said he needed time apart and that i should go back to my home country cyprus, this broke my heart and the pain i went through was unbearable i felt like i lost my world.....he is 24 i am 23...... but when we broke up he was acting like we were still together and would not tell anyone.... he said he wasnt proud of what he was doing..... but sometimes he was very horrible to me he was giving me mixed feelings all the time and it was hard because we were living at his mothers at this point.... well i left for cyprus and we went to a hotel the night befor and had a lovly night he said he would come see me in cyprus...... which he did 2 months later ...... but i must tell you from when i arrived back home i called him everyday beggeing and crying everyday for 9 months, but two months after he came to cyprus i tryed to go back to england and got deported , we were still broken up dont forget and when i called him to tell him he was devistated and told me that no one would come between us and to be strong....... then 3 months later i paid for a holiday to amsterdam for 4 days ... i paid for him to and he came we had a lovely time he was so sweet but the last night told me he wasnt ready and maybe in the futur we may meet again and that if were ment to be we will be ... i have always called him everyday and i have started the no contact rule 2 weeks ago , but i just want to know have i ruind my chances because i believe he never thought he would loose me because i was always calling. do you think it will hit him..... i never made him realise that he might loose me....... another thing is his friends have told me on the phone that he has said to them that if he ever will settle down or get married it will be to me...... but he never tells me anything....... PLEASE help me i have been so depressed i cant stop thinking about him. THERE ARE NO THIRD PARTIES INVOLVED

This guy has done a good job of confusing himself and confusing and hurting you in the process. He is not sure of his feelings and is not a man of action. He say's if you are going to be, then you'll be? Without making the effort? Relationships take work to grow just like the body needs food and exercise. If you don't do the work you won't get anything and it appears he isn't prepared to put in the time. He is telling you and his friends empty words my girl, and you deserve better. Please don't waste your time wanting him back as he does not want you. A man that truly loves you will do what is right to be with you and if it's not working will have the decency to tell you to go ahead and find your own happiness. It's cruel, I know. But you have got to move on. Take it from me! You need to do that for your own sanity or you'll just drive yourself crazy wanting something you can't have and unless you're some drama addict, that's not good enough.

thankyou for your advise but, this man had me like a princess for 2 and half years, we did everything together and hardly argued that is why when we broke up it was a shock to everyone...... everyone thought we were perfect together and he did tell me to get on with my life and be happy but i cant let go of him beacuse i feel he was scared it was getting to serious.... my question was do you think that the no contact rule is to late... please some one give me some advise