Photography thread

floating_away

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. Only vaguely.

The above band had some nice album covers though.

matthew hopkins a failed lawyer and self professed witch hunter, back in the 17th century toured east anglia (east of england) hanging witches and burning them, he had a sidekick called john boyle who used to extract confessions from ordinary women and then accused them of being witches.

in his reign of terror he was reputed to have hung at least 500 women and 10 men as accused witches.

there you go!!!

matthew hopkins a failed lawyer and self professed witch hunter, back in the 17th century toured east anglia (east of england) hanging witches and burning them, he had a sidekick called john boyle who used to extract confessions from ordinary women and then accused them of being witches.

in his reign of terror he was reputed to have hung at least 500 women and 10 men as accused witches.

there you go!!!

Wow. thanks. Terrible stuff. I bet those guys were drunks.

I'm going to go home and crank some Witchfinder General tonight.

Wow. thanks. Terrible stuff. I bet those guys were drunks.

I'm going to go home and crank some Witchfinder General tonight.

brilliant!!!! just dont dance with a rope!! hahah you could get carried away.

there is an old film still about, called "witchfinder general" starring ian ogilvy and vincent price.

take care!

brilliant!!!! just dont dance with a rope!! hahah you could get carried away.

there is an old film still about, called "witchfinder general" starring ian ogilvy and vincent price.

take care!

Yes, I know about the film. I should watch it someday.

you take care also.

Thank you jahur. That means a lot coming from someone who does this professionally. I've just been reading and learning on my own through trial and error. I might consider photography as a third career and even go back to the class room when time permits. Heck, if I have time to go out and shoot, I have time to be in the class room.

Nothing special or professional. I just took these two pictures while at work with my cellphone. I just thought the lake looked beautiful that night.

*Also one I took of my friend with my cell phone. I thought it looked pretty cool =D

There is nothing I would love more in this world than to have money to be able to do photography. Unfortunately, my phone will have to do for now.

Lovely, lovely stuff. Thank you for sharing!

no probs, keep shooting with your phone, the frustration will become too much

and youll end up buying one !!!!

image removed

A water lily.

Very nice, did you edit the background with ps?

Have you noticed any loss in quality since you started using your macro filter? I'm trying to decide whether I should buy a macro filter or extension tubes. I'm, sorta leaning towards the extension tubes cause I've been told that macro filters soften images...

this pic was taken with a macro lens 55mm micro nikkor, extension tubes are very good but you lose a lot of light and have to move the camera forward and backwards in order to focus, but the results are worth it!

nice pix light drawer and badwolf!

image removed

A water lily.

light drawer your a smart ass! how do you you do it?

not sure if the upload has cropped the the left side of the lily, but if me, i would have kept the petal thrills in, other than that fab!

Very nice, did you edit the background with ps?

Have you noticed any loss in quality since you started using your macro filter? I'm trying to decide whether I should buy a macro filter or extension tubes. I'm, sorta leaning towards the extension tubes cause I've been told that macro filters soften images...

Minimal ps involved - just contrasting and sharpening and cloning of a dust on the upper left hand corner - that's all.

jahur, that is the original format of the photo with no cropping at all. I think I was moving my hand that the far petal got cut off.