TOO much kissing on a first date?

Cirquel

I'm curious to know... how much do you all think is "too much" kissing on a first date? I know it depends from person to person, but when on my first date with this guy I'd met last week, he was not being physically "affectionate" all evening and then he (unannounced) started kissing me with tongue right before I left. He would have let it get more heated if he had the choice, but after a minute or so of kissing I pulled away.

Too forward on a first date, or not? Warning signal, or not (since I'm not looking for the purely sexual)?

I don't think it's too much. You didn't go any further than kissing. Maybe he wasn't very affectionate throughout the date because he wasn't sure what you were thinking. Now he knows your into him & he'll probably more open on your next date.

With most guys I've dated, I was always the one putting the brakes on. I swear, most of them would go all the way on the first date if I let them. Especially if they are already experienced. He sounds pretty typical, just don't let it go further than you are comfortable with. You have every right to say "slow down".

I don't think it's too much. You didn't go any further than kissing. Maybe he wasn't very affectionate throughout the date because he wasn't sure what you were thinking. Now he knows your into him & he'll probably more open on your next date.

With most guys I've dated, I was always the one putting the brakes on. I swear, most of them would go all the way on the first date if I let them. Especially if they are already experienced. He sounds pretty typical, just don't let it go further than you are comfortable with. You have every right to say "slow down".

Hmmm very interesting! Thank you! This was extremely helpful. : D

Archived