fear of rejection???

Hi... I'm a teenage guy and in the past I have been rejected many times. Over time, I think I have developed a fear of rejection and have been single for about 2 years and have liked many girls but was never able to ask them out. Right now, there is a girl who I am strongly attracted to and i really want to ask her. I am pretty sure she would say yes, but I still can't get it together to ask her out. Any tips?

Welcome to Enotalone.

Maybe at some point in life we all have been scared of rejection. You shouldn't be scared of getting rejected because it happens to all of us. Why did you develop the fear of rejection its the girl lost that she did not want to go out with you. You shouldn't worry as since there are plenty of fish in the sea. If you do get rejected in the future think of it as its her lost. Hey I hope that your question was answered.

If you let fear of rejection hold you back... you will always have a hard time getting a date, work, etc. We all get rejected & I think we all have the same insecurity about fear of rejection but if you have the confidence to overcome that- you will be fine. I think confidence comes with time or by working on your self-esteem. When self-esteem is low-- the fear of rejection problem will be stronger!

Good Luck to you!

ok. i have a fear of rejection, i admit to that.

i had a bad reputation and i know i will be rejected from the girls i like... and this forces me not to ask em out or even speak to them sometimes (also nerves thou).

but theses somethigns i do do no matter what.

i can agree to myself cirtain things i will do and set myself a deadline for it. and i will do it. i only do it for major thigns nothing small.. like i promiced myself once that i would go round tho the girl i likes house and tell her how i feal..

i went orund there.. i stood outside her frount door for 45min in the freezeing cold before i could knock on the door but i did it. (oh and after it all a "just be friends" answer.. agh! i was so upset.)

try to set yerself things to do and promice yourself you will do them... and when. and when it comes forget everythign else and just go and do it.

ive also heared repeteing to yourself phrases which make you more oncfident help also.

helped me today in school i tell thee. Good luck iwth your girl.. ive been single for 5 years now (well went out with a girl a few months ofr ofr 2 days is dont count). and feal as if im gogin to be single for alot longer coz i cant get the girl i liek to go out with me.. (check out my thread on here). link removed

I am a shy guy and when i when im to afraid to ask out a girl i get one of my friends to nag me until i do.

m3636 that's good stuff. A lot of people probably don't realise how great and helpful you post is. What you have done is found a way so that you get yourself to actually talk to the girl you are attracted to. I reckon most of us could come up with something similar that we could apply to ourselves when we needed something to encourage us to take action.

Sometimes I make myself approach a girl so I have something to write about in my weblog. It may sound stupid but if it helps me overcome my shyness it's useful.