He got my number - now what?

Cirquel

"How long should I wait before he calls?" is kind of a silly question to ask in my case. I fully admit that since Friday night two days ago, I've been totally consumed with thoughts about this guy I met. As much as I already don't want to "wait", I find myself doing just that, because I really liked him.

I haven't connected with anyone quite on this level for a long time. I met this guy at a club. Actually, I met him and his two friends in a line-up on Halloween. There was a bit of small talk, instigated by me. They were kind of nerdy, but cute. We got broken up, and then I saw one of them inside later... he smiled and nodded hello. But that was it. I was wondering why he wouldn't approach me, but him and his guy friends were mostly standing around and at the bar, and I was dancing with my friend.

Then later, I happened into them. My friend and I started dancing nearby them and the guy I was attracted to seemed to take notice. Then I struck up a conversation with him. Then he started dancing with me (not the best dancer). Amazing conversationalist though. His interest peeked as soon as he realized I was not a dummy, which I found amusing. I also asked questions about his friends, which he seemed to like. I was nice to his guy friends while also focusing on flirting with him.

My friend and I had to leave early, because we couldn't get a ride back home and had to take the subway. When I had to leave (I'd probably hung around with him for 20 minutes or so) I told him, and at that point he asked for my number.

But it's early Monday morning. If he was REALLY interested, he WOULD have called by now, right? At the same time, he seemed genuinely interested that night... he made me check his phone to see if he'd punched in my number correctly. He was also flirtacious in conversation. Yet, I was the one who approached him.

So what's the deal? We're not terribly young. He's 24. Why would he play games? He wasn't drunk enough at that point in the night not to remember me. I'm having a hard time moving on...

Take your life into your own hands!!! YOU CALL HIM INSTEAD! gosh its 2008 , modern times, just throw your hand on the mobile phone, press a few digits and call him. Life isn't a hotel roomservice, you have to take action to get something done.

When you want to get something done in life, i assure you waiting won't work.

Take action instead.

Take your life into your own hands!!! YOU CALL HIM INSTEAD! gosh its 2008 , modern times, just throw your hand on the mobile phone, press a few digits and call him. Life isn't a hotel roomservice, you have to take action to get something done.

When you want to get something done in life, i assure you waiting won't work.

Take action instead.

I agree, except I never got his number.

I can relate to waiting by the phone and wanting someone to call badly. I don't think he'd be doing anything wrong if he didn't call - he may have changed his mind, met someone else, decided after all he didn't want to be dating right now,lost his phone, infinite reasons. I wouldn't "wait" - just go about your life and if he calls, that's great, if not, you had a fun night dancing/flirting. It sounds like you made a number of assumptions based on a 20 minute conversation at a loud club - might be accurate or you might have been reading into things because you were into him.

I would have a different opinion if he made time/place plans to see you again and promised to call to confirm. I know you like him but I'd be careful about getting expectations like this just from giving someone your number.

I don't think he necessarily would have called by now - he might have had other dates over the weekend or not wanted the awkwardness of calling you on a weekend and not wanting to ask you out on a weekend night.

Good luck.

I hate waiting for men to call . . .

He's probably doing the "3 day rule" . . . that has happened to me a couple of times. But then I also have guys who call me the next day, so it really depends on the guy, he seems a bit shy so I wouldn't be surprised if he uses the 3 day rule.

I hate waiting for men to call . . .

He's probably doing the "3 day rule" . . . that has happened to me a couple of times. But then I also have guys who call me the next day, so it really depends on the guy, he seems a bit shy so I wouldn't be surprised if he uses the 3 day rule.

Oh heavens. I sure hope it's no more than 3. Already on the third, with really two-three hours left before it's officially "too late" to call this evening.

Yeah... it will probably never, ever happen. I know I shouldn't be crushed, but I am.

Archived