How to deal with exam anxiety?

Rickster

Hi guys,

The exams are around the corner and the people in my dorm are all feeling the stress and anxiety. I do feel it too, but probably not as much as other people because I've worked hard, consistently (and continuing to do so) and following the same exact strategy that brought me success last semester. So I feel a bit more confident than others. But there are 2 of my friends who've consulted me because they were so stressed out with the exams and studies.

All I could say to them was to "relax and not be tensed and you'll absorb faster". "Take your time rather than rushing through things that way you learn more effectively and efficiently that you wouldn't have to go through it twice". I'm not sure how else to help them.

Does anyone have any experience or know how to deal with such situations?

For pple that lose concentration, they can try this method.

Fully concentrate for 5-10 mins and then take a 15-30 mins break. You will find that with short span high concentration level, you can absorb better than you staring aimlessly for 1 hr.

It's not the quantity of time. Its the quality of understanding and making it work. I have other tips for studying particularly useful for those doing their undergrad and post grad. They may or may not work for all though depending on personality type.

Please enlighten me. My friends and I are undergraduates mostly in our final years where it's the toughest period.

The problem I'm having is the routine. Doing the same thing everyday and at the same time everyday. And just looking at the amount of reading and noting I have to do adds more weight to my back.

Please enlighten me. My friends and I are undergraduates mostly in our final years where it's the toughest period.

I tried studying while walking, at the bus stop, at dinner, etc., that meant by the time I got home, I had lots of free time.

It's repetition that's key, it makes the studying easier.

Archived