How do you gain back their trust?

Hello

I'm new at this so bare with me. I have been in an on and off relationship for the last year and presently it is on. I was in a very abususe relationship before I met Bill (b/f now). Bob (ex b/f) would not let me go and harassed me. Of course that put alot of stress on mine and Bills relationship and thats why we kept breaking up. The last time we broke up was in Oct. After we broke up my ex made me a deal that if I hung around him until a certain time and I didn't feel anything he would let me go. I know it was the stupidest thing to do, but I hung around with him a few times. I told him I can't do this anymore after hanging around him about 4-5 times. And me and Bill got back together shortly after that. Well to make a long story short Bob starting to stalk me and followed me to Bills house with a weapon and I finally got the police involved. Bill and Bob talked and Bob told him alot of lies about me, some things he said were true and I did own up to them but he said alot of things to make me look bad. So now that Bob is out of my life me and Bill still have to work on things. He dosn't trust me because I didn't tell him that me and Bob hung out (but he has always known about Bob), and he feels that I need to prove to him that I am not this person that I supposdley am with Bob. We can't see eachother that much at all because he is parnoid about Bob so how do I show him that he can trust me without spending alot of time with him? Any suggestions?

Firstly, you took responsibilty for your actions, well some of them.

I wonder what is truly going in your head. Your description of your ex leads me to believe he jumped right out of an OZ episode. So you decide to see him while you are broken up. EH? What were you thinking?

Stop talking to the EX, that is all you can. DId you have sexual relations when you saw him the 4 or 5 times?

If Bill truly loves you, which I would give him credit for, especially after dealing with the ex non sense. Then he will realize he cares for you and work things out.

My best answer to your question is: 1) Actions speak louder then words 2) Talk to him.. thats the only outlet you have.