Abortion

just_smile

hey guys

i was wondering what are everyones opinions on abortion, and whether you believe in it or not

i have a few questions for you to answer, so here goes:

1) do you believe in abortion?

2) do you believe there are any reasons why someone should have an abortion?

3) do you believe there are any exceptions to having an abortion?

4) what are your religions views (if you are religious) on abortion?

~LJ =;

1)no i dont believe in abortion...if u mature enough to have sex u mature enough to raise a child and if not why are u havin sex n e way

2)i feel as though unless someone got pregnant during rape and even then its evil why kill a child u concieved making love

3)stated above in #2

4)my religion is against it

1) No I am against abortion. I feel that is taking the cowards way out of your responsiblity, kind of like suicide.

2) Only reasons someone should get an abortion is if they were raped or just maybe the baby is going to have major medical difficulties and will suffer for as long as the baby lives. (I don't even know if that is able to be determined when you are pregnant).

3) Like I said in 2 there are only very few exceptions

Like confusedlady said that if you are mature enough to have sex, and you get pregnant you should be mature enough to have that baby. Yes there is always adoption for those who can't handle that responsibility of parenthood, but at least you didn't kill an innocent child. Also adoption is a tough subject for me also because I wouldn't wish for any child to be put in a foster, but at least they have a chance to live.

well this is only my personal opinion so dont' take anything wrong or like i think your opinions don't matter because i think that everyones opinions matter here-k- so here it goes-

i really don't know that much about my religoun just because my family couldn't find a church that is close enough or believes the same thing, and then when we finally did my mother moves us and gets a job she has to work on sundays, so i can't really answer that part on religious beliefs, sorry.

as for your other questions i think that they are kind of all the same in a way. i believe that abortion is wrong. I think of a fetus as a living thing even if it is only a few days old, to me something living is when that thing has the potentale to keep growing into what it will be someday. now some people say, "well it's only a few days old and hardly anything has happened, it has had no time to form, and thereforeeee is not living." but as i already said before it is living because it has begun to start to form a life.

now about special cases-

i think that the only time anyone should have an abortion is when the mother or the bady could be really harmed (like death) like if the mother has a condition to where it would kill her to have a baby or be pregnant. Or when there is something so wrong with the baby that they wont be able to do the things they need to do to live. now im not saying mentally challanged at all, i know people with downs syndrom in my school and they are always happy, they are some of the happest people on earth and i think they are blessed and just as good as anyone else. so what i'm really trying to say is, your baby will be born with half of their brain out and missing a leg, and will have heart problems for the rest of their life, stuff big like that then maybe, yes you could, but what if they were born with that and it could be fixed? then no way, they are a person and you know just because they would have chanllenges in life doesn't mean they won't have a good life. My little sister had a friend that was born with something wrong with her brain and she was always getting sick and that was really sad, but how could you make a decision to take someones life or not. they could have lots of problems physically and mentally and be one of the greatest, friendlest, happest people on earth and never want to gibe their life up, some people have a few problems and want to die, but some would like to take that challenge to make them stronger and better people.

well i wen't too far on what i think, i think so sorry, i don't even really understand how to explain how i feel about it but i tried.

bye,

love Qtpie87

1) do you believe in abortion?

Its not a matter of believing in abortions, it is a fact, removing a fetus from a womans body. BUT I think you meant do I support abortion? I do not support abortion as in, hey lets go get pregnant and get abortions! wohoo! I do believe that it should be available to all women. I believe the pc term is that I support a womans right to choice.

2) do you believe there are any reasons why someone should have an abortion?

I think that is a personal choice for a woman to make, I would not tell someone they should have an abortion, just like I wouldn't tell them that they should not.

3) do you believe there are any exceptions to having an abortion?

I don't believe I understand this question fully, their are many exceptions to having an abortion, every living human is an example of that.

4) what are your religions views (if you are religious) on abortion?

My religons view correspond very well with mine, that it is a womans body and her choice.

=

Some people believe abortion is wrong, and may even want abortion to be made illegal. Others are pro-choice - believing that a woman should be allowed to make her own decision,that it's her baby, and she's the one who will have to carry the baby in her body for nine months, then go through labour - and then have to care of the child. Poersonally, I am pro-life and am against abortion. Abortion is murder. Eventhough the fetus is not capable of independent life it is still a life.

Everyone has a different view. The Roman Catholic Church teaches that abortion is completely unacceptable, since it believes that a soul enters a body at conception. Abortion isn't a black and white subject - there are a lot of grey areas, depending on personal religion and opinion.

However, a very sticky situation is in the case of rape. Already traumatized, without an abortion she'll have a reminder of the event inside her for nine months. It's understandable why a raped woman would want an abortion. Since it's the woman's body she should be the only one to decide.

On the other hand, if a child is unwanted, it might suffer either by being resented by its mother, or, in the very worst case, abused. But the most important question to think about is not, 'Is abortion right?', but instead, 'Should a woman be denied the choice of having an abortion?.'

I do understand those people who are pro-choice.