A year ago, i was heartbroken and in this part of the forum. You know the drill... thought my life was over, that id never get over it and never be happy again blahblah.

Recently i read Mia Tylers book..."Creating Myself" and I wanted to share a couple of the quotes that she stresses. i hope some of you who are where i was last year take these quotes to heart and use them as some inspiration.

"Be patient and tough. One day this pain will be worth it."

Ive said it before and ill say it again... a year ago i never thought these words would come out of my mouth... but i genuinely am happy that me and my ex split up. i know it was for the best for me. at the time i was completely devastated and would have done anything to have him back. but going through all that pain has taught me alot of life lessons about love and people and relationships. ultimately, it has made me a far stronger and more independent person. the breakup has made me who i am today. theres alot i wouldnt have done, people i wouldnt have met, things i wouldnt have achieved had we still been together. for me the pain has been worth it. it will for you too - ride out the storm...its a long and bumpy ride but you will come out of the other end a better person...

"Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself."

however, i also do believe it depends on how you deal with things. i spent months moping after the breakup. not eating, not sleeping, thinking on ways to get my ex back, not going out...basically not living. one day i decided enough was enough.... i realised no-one else can make me happy, i have to make myself happy. i worked out everything about me and my life that was making me unhappy and basically worked out a plan to sort myself out. do the things you have always wanted to do. do everything for yourself. be selfish.

if you don't do anything... you will never be truly happy. you have to go out and make yourself happy... make a good life for yourself. achieving things you have always wanted to will fulfill you more than any partner ever will. create a happier you and everything will fall into place.

ultimately, it has made me a far stronger and more independent person. the breakup has made me who i am today. theres alot i wouldnt have done, people i wouldnt have met, things i wouldnt have achieved had we still been together. for me the pain has been worth it.

Right on and here here...

I wouldn't have done half of what I did, gone on to meet the people I did, if I'd still been with him. Life would likely have been 'same old, same old'.....stuck in the same boring routine.

People view a breakup as being the end for them, for many it can be a new beginning.

Archived