Why to go NC

ccali78

For all of those doubting NC take my advice and please do it... Do it for yourself. I wish I would have followed my own advice. I got out of a 4.5 year relationship and tried so hard to make it work.

We had many ups and downs in the last 4 months and he kept telling me he loved me and was the only girl he ever loved, but could not be with me now. I tried to be fun when we hung out and we continued intimate contact.

Then I find out through the grapevine he was dating someone else. I was shocked as I felt betrayed and it has sent me back to square one but worse. I wish I had given myself the last 4 months to heal and move forward and never look back. Maybe then someday we could have been friends.

But now I am just full of resentment for the @ss I made of myself up and until yesterday begging him to tell me if he was still seeing her with no response. Please do yourself a favor and do not do that. Love yourself. Respect yourself and remember even if they say otherwise they are living their life while you are sitting around regardless if you think they never would do that because trust me everyone told me X would never be dating he is working on himself.

Hope this helps anyone having thoughts of breaking NC. They left you make them know that and never look back you are all great...

you are right

same situation with me

she broke up with me through the phone cause she lived in different state.

we went out for 1.5 year in college.

we had 2 month nc.

then she calls out of nowhere. to see how i am doing (should i have ignored her)

i called her. she hangs up texting we should go slowly.

she calls (it was her boyfriend who calls me up that she was seeing him since day one)

i am initiating NC and never talking to her.

save ur dignity. they left u for a reason. if she wanted to get back to u she should have done it but she is seeing someone else already so she doesn't diserve me.

i hope this helps

For all of those doubting NC take my advice and please do it... Do it for yourself. I wish I would have followed my own advice. I got out of a 4.5 year relationship and tried so hard to make it work.

Hope this helps anyone having thoughts of breaking NC. They left you make them know that and never look back you are all great...

It all depends on the situation though. In your case you're absolutely right. It sounds like he was saying one thing and doing something else.

I've mentioned this somewhere else on here - I was in a 3 year relationship, got dumped, it hurt terribly. We were in NC for only a few weeks before I wrote her a letter. That broke the ice, she called, we got together and talked, a month later we slowly started getting back together. She genuinely didn't know what to do next and she figured breaking up was the right thing to do, but in the meantime we were both spending our "NC" days thinking of each other and being very upset about the whole situation.

Every situation and relationship is different though, obviously.

On the other hand there's not much to be gained by hounding someone. Even if they genuinely have feelings and you want to get to them, sending text after text and email after email isn't going to do much. All you're doing is pressuring them. I've done that too, and I regret it.

NC is fabulous. I absolutely agree that whoever the "dumped" is, you need to save yourself the dignity and increase your self esteem by going NC. If you're worried about them forgetting you and you feel the need to contact them to remind them that you're around, no dice. Doesn't work like that. If they miss you, they will miss you on their own. But nothing for you to worry about, since you'll be working on your new life without them.

Just my humble opinion.

Archived