age difference please help me

i don't think you need to worry about it. are you worried about what others will think, like your friends, or what exactly are you worried about? you shouldn't worry about what others think because its not about anyone else. people will talk. thats just how some people are. if someone sees one thing that they think is weird about a relationship, they will talk about it. you just need to ignore those people because they are only ignorant. they don't know how you both feel about each other, they don't know what is going through your mind. just ignore what people have to say about your age difference because sooner or later they will stop talking about it & just leave you both alone. if its about how you feel, you know how you feel about him. if you love him then you shouldn't worry. age has nothing to do with it, its just your age. i think that relationships should depend on maturity & not age, so if you are both mature & have feelings for each other, then no body can say that that is wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

ok my boyfriend is soon 40 and I am 19 I love him alot and have been together for a while now at first I worried about what my friends and family would say but now it is cool. My true friends told me if I love him then go for it and the rest were just jerks and made fun of it saying I was sleeping with my dad and stupid I worried about both of our parents at first also and they seemed to be upset but now that we have been together for so long they have grown to like it and it don't bother them anymore. If you love him show him you care by not worring what others say. If your not sure then it is in your hands to get over it so I hope it works and you are happy with the decision you make. I am here to talk to if you need anyother help.

• 2 weeks later...

If he is a good person, you can both grow from the relationship. Be honest and open with each other. I'm 51 and have a girlfriend about your age. Most of my friends are very supportive of my relationship with Mako. Her mom, who is 4 years younger than I, blessed the relationship.

Some people say that, if he is old enough to be your father, its not right. For obvious reasons, I disagree. The important thing is that he is NOT your father. He is someone who has other kinds of feelings for you, and I'm betting you don't see him as your dad.

Go for it, kiddo, but make sure your eyes are wide open. Good luck.

chicago_dave