Sleep taking created troubles

MrsLovett

Okay well i asked a friend and she said this was the place to post this =].

Well the other night my partner stayed over after a party and i feel asleep and when we came close to me i apparently pushed him away and said " go away, you don't belong here"

And then still dreaming about i don't know what i said "i love you Matty, you’re my angel".

Now Matty is an old friend and we used to talk to each other like that in a friend way.

My partner upon hearing this he is understandably hurt.

After i got him to tell me that i said this, i apologized and tried to explain it to him.

Now I’m just really confused about what i could do to try and explain it to him. I know he is still pretty hurt and i feel horrid about it.

If anyone has any suggestions am open for any.

Thanks.

Oh, you poor thing! What an unfortunate mess! Really, all you can do is wait it out, you have already explained, and it's understandable that he will remain hurt and probably a little insecure now for a little while. All you can do is make him feel loved and secure and that complete trust will return in time!

You were sleeping!! Who knows what you were dreaming and why... Dreams are not literal but metaphorical, so for him to get upset or jealous over a dream is silly.

Just tell him you were dreaming and have no clue about what, probably taking a walk down memory lane in your dream. Don't make a big deal about it because it isn't a big deal, and he shouldn't be jealous of a dream.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived