what to do

ashlynn00

my ex and I broke up 2 weeks ago but decided we could still text and email casually...I emailed him today doing the usualy hello, hows it going type of thing. This is prolly the wrong thing to do..... he never responded and now I feel like crap and like he doesn't even care enough about me to ask how I am doing.... Anyone have any ideas on what I should do? I feel like I might just start moving on if he can't even say hello or ask how I am doing?! It makes me feel like I don't even exist and thats sad, very sad

Sadly, I recall being in those positions and feeling similar when there was no response. It took quite some time to realize it but one of my ex's had me pegged when she said that calling and texting like that, and expecting a reply, felt like manipulation to her. She was right. I felt like my entire life and happiness rested in her after the break up. Calling and emailing felt like I was grasping for straws before I fell into a hole.

As hopeless as you may feel at this moment, at least you can find a little bit of peace in knowing that your decision to text is a normal response. However, the sooner you can grab hold of the reality that you are placing your entire happiness in that other person, the sooner you can begin to move on with your life. The old adage that the truth will set you free is exactly that. Once you can face the truth that you are trying to find happiness in someone else when you need to find it in yourself first, you will have found the beginning of the escape from the emotional situation you are in. I recall thinking that if I just found the right person I could be happy. That was the farthest thing from the truth. After a year of getting help, I learned that once I found the happiness within myself, and from those who accepted me for whom I was, I could find the right person to share the partnership in life with. You can too....real love is out there.

If you find yourself doing all the work to try to maintain a friendship after breaking up (which I don't recommend being friends right after break up), then you have your answer right there. He's moving on and not putting you as priority. The best thing to do to move on as well is to stop contacting him and stop putting yourself up for rejection every time you do. It's hard, I know, but it's worth it in the end!

Yes, move on with your life. meet other people, do things that improve yourself as a person. invest in yourself. i know its hard and i have been through it, but you have to find other activities in your life to make you forget about your ex. the more you linger over your ex, the more you miss on your own life. meanwhile he is living his life to the fullest. you're the one who loses.

my ex and I broke up 2 weeks ago but decided we could still text and email casually...I emailed him today doing the usualy hello, hows it going type of thing. This is prolly the wrong thing to do..... he never responded and now I feel like crap and like he doesn't even care enough about me to ask how I am doing.... Anyone have any ideas on what I should do? I feel like I might just start moving on if he can't even say hello or ask how I am doing?! It makes me feel like I don't even exist and thats sad, very sad

that is why you should take up the NC challenge

Archived