Is This Prying?

palquist

I just recently met a woman at a MD's office and we have been talking and she has visited my home a couple of times. We both have children and are interested in helping each other with childcare occasionaly. I guess now we are still getting to know each other. I don't have many friends and I am just curious about how appropriate some things are. She asked me a lot of questions(rather felt more like I was being interrogated), which is fine because we may be taking care of each other's kids. She asked me how much money did my husband make, how much money did I get to spend, whose name our car was in and stuff like that. I don't know, I just felt odd about answering those types of things. She is constantly giving me compliments about how pretty I am, how "cute" my husband is, how beautiful my step-daughter is, etc. It seems a little too much and exaggerated. Also, when we are in my house, she goes from room to room looking at everything without asking, goes to the bookshelves and pulls out picture albums so she can look through them. Since I am a very private person and would never dream of doing what she is at someone elses home, I don't know if I am overacting or not. What do you think?

This lady sounds a little nuts, and I'd seriously have a difficult time letting her watch my kids. You never know what kind of crazy thoughts this woman might have hiding in that brain of hers, especially with the strange repetitive comments she makes about how "attractive" your family members are. Creepy.

Archived