So here I am, fours days till my graduation and and six until my 19th birthday, and I can't shake this antsy feeling that has come over me! I want to just start new but I don't really know how. I know that even if I don't want to change I will have to since I will be going off to college in a few months but I feel like I need change right now! This year has been characterized by so many negative things I just feel like I want to shed all that off and start new! I'm sure many of you feel the same. Maybe it is something to do with summer...

So my question is, how can I do that? What can I do to change? Yes, I want a dramatic change! I'm game for anything! One thing I was thinking was getting really toned up since I lost about 10 pounds after my ex broke up with me and have put them back (I tend to starve my feeling, I guess), and now I want to lose weight for me, not because a guy.

Definitely getting back into shape would be a positive change, and also a change that you could stick with, as college can often be a stressful time - developing a steady exercise routine can help with that.

As for other ideas for change, just get out there and try as many new things as possible! Go to festivals, get a makeover, buy new clothes, change your hairdo, learn a new language, learn a new skill (dancing, painting, etc), get a job and make some extra money before leaving for college... you really have tons of options here! Do anything that makes you feel empowered and confident!

Archived