Losers (Dr Joe Carver)

Aurian

Dr Joe Carver has some really good articles on abuse. I thought it would be good to share them here since I want to send many of the posters in the abused forums these links!

The original link is: link removed

I have copied these articles here:

• The Loser" Warning Signs You're Dating a Loser
  • Love and Stockholm Syndrome Mystery of Loving an Abuser
  • Personality Disorders: The Controllers, Abusers, Manipulators, and Users in Relationships

NOTE - IF ONE OF THE MODS COULD MOVE THIS TO THE ABUSE RESOURCES SECTION, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME

When I found the loser article about 6 months ago, that was actually my first step towards realizing that there was something very very wrong in my marriage. I could pin almost all of those scenarios on her. It was probably the freakiest thing I had ever read.

Hi Aurian,

I have posted these links on many many occasions. The 'losers' link is now included in ENA's homepage.

Dr Carver gets many emails saying how close that their situations were to how he described.

I find the Stokholm Syndrome particularly fascinating.

I think only when they decide to change can they ever change. Often those "losers" are dead set in their behaviour and no amount of outside convincing can make them change their minds - they just say there is something wrong with you or you`re making them look bad, etc, etc (you know, the whole entitlement thing).

VERY VERY rarely, will a loser realize THEMSELVES that they need to change.

Because so few losers change though, most people just advise to protect yourself and get away.

Archived